Are you ready to launch your own website?
This is a complete guide to the best website builders in 2022.
That’s why I wrote this guide with you in mind. Just to help you choose the best site builder for your needs.
This guide will show you:
- What the best website builders are
- What a really a site builder really is
- What makes a great website builder
- FAQ about website builders
- How to avoid the next ‘fancy’ tool that might waste your money
- And lots more…
So if you’re a beginner or don’t like to mess around with codes, let’s go ‘all in’ and show you the best website builders that will work for you.
What Are The Best Website Builders?
Here are my top picks for the best website builders for 2022:
- HubSpot Content Management System
- GoDaddy Website Builder
Alright, let’s dive right in. Let’s break down each of the 13 best website builder software of 2022:
The best website builder that lets you design what you want
Webflow is a popular website builder that gives you the freedom to design any type of website. It’s perfect for designers and people with some experience. Overall, Webflow is great player in the website building space with all the essential features you need..
It uses containers to structure pages. Unlike other website building programs, which use sections, boxes, or other design elements.
Webflow consists of a single fluid page. This means that you can add new containers within an existing container, run experiments, and modify your site without having to write HTML code. Users can also add images and videos directly to their sites.
The Webflow web builder comes with a huge variety of templates, each with its own unique features.
Most of the templates have the same basic design, but you can customize them to create the look and feel that you want. The Webflow interface is user-friendly, so people with little or no design experience can still use the program.
- Design and run your website without writing code
- Fast and reliable web hosting by AWS
- Create gated content
- Customized logic-based workflow
- Launch and manage an online store
- Secure your website with advanced security tools
- The site builder is user-friendly
- Easily create immersive experiences with your site
- Create beautiful websites in a visual canvas (no coding required)
- Create content-driven web pages
- Quickly monetize members-only content
- Optimize your website for organic searches
- It has a slight learning curve (beginners might find it a bit challenging to start0
- Not a lot of 3rd party integrations available yet
- It’s not a ‘true’ drag and drop site builder
- While you can use it to build your website for free, you need to add a paid plan to actually go live
Here’s a summarized version of Webflow’s pricing:
- Basic ($15/month or $12/month paid annually): This plan is good when you want a simple site that doesn’t require a CMS.
- CMS ($20/month or $16/month paid annually): Launch your blog or content-driven website with the best tools.
- Business ($45/month or $36/month paid annually): If your site will get a lot of traffic, this plan can help you accomodate that.
- Enterprise: You may need to contact the customer service to get custom pricing for this plan.
The best website builder for all-around use
Wix is a popular and versatile website builder. When you choose Wix as your website builder of choice, you’ll be pleased to discover its user-friendly interface.
There are numerous options for design and editing, including drag-and-drop elements. Moreover, the interface is straightforward and easy to use, making editing a breeze.
It offers tools and templates to create a custom website, as well as guides and examples to help you get started.
There are no coding skills needed to make changes to your site – just a click of the mouse!
The Wix website builder allows you to add, delete, and modify content as you please.
Just drag and drop the elements you want to place on your site. Adding text is easy too – click on the text to open the text editor. You can then change the color, font, size, and SEO settings.
- Create a stunning website for your business
- Reliable web hosting and custom domain
- Add flexible grids and custom design with Editor X
- Explore 800+ designer-ready templates
- Robust and easy-to-use Analytics & Reports
- Sell online and manage fulfillment
- Wix offers drag and drop site builder (making it fun to design your site)
- Choose a template, customize, and add flexible grids
- You can add a custom domain to your website
- The user interface is clean and easy to use.
- The Starter plan still shows Wix ads on your site
- Wix claims to help you with SEO, but it’s a pain in the neck
- It doesn’t offer unlimited plans
How much does Wix cost per month? Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Connect Domain ($4.50/month): This is the most basic plan to get you started with creating a simple website. This plan will show Wix ads.
- Combo ($8.50/month): When you want more options, the Combo plan is perfect. It’s for personal use. It doesn’t display Wix ads.
- Unlimited ($12.50/month): It’s best suited for entrepreneurs & freelancers. Get unlimited bandwidth, and more.
- VIP ($24.50/month): Get all the features in ‘Unlimited’ and First Priority Support.
The best website builder for creatives and artists
Squarespace is a drag-and-drop website builder platform that enables you to create a professional-looking website quickly and easily with just a few clicks.
With the help of its intuitive interface, you can add and remove content blocks, create and edit custom modules, and integrate various social media channels.
The program includes templates for both personal website and commercial sites and offers a variety of content block options.
Squarespace has a clean and friendly user interface, which makes it ideal for non-coders such as photographers, filmmakers, podcasters, musicians, etc.
For the past 7 years, Matt D’Avella, a popular YouTuber with 3 million+ subscribers has used Squarespace to power his website.
The Squarespace site builder also allows you to add different types of sections to your site.
You can also create lists, galleries, and online stores, which are customizable.
You can even create multiple pages or collections, manage each one separately, and choose specific modules to include on your site.
- A true drag and drop site builder
- A huge collection of 100+ award-winning templates
- Launch your creative blog to showcase your work
- Squarespace integrates well with other apps
- Start an eCommerce store easily
- Social media tools to get active on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Website Analytics and actionable reporting
- An intuitive drag and drop builder
- Easily import/export data
- It integrates with G Suite
- Squarespace puts a priority on site speed
- The templates are highly customizable
- Squarespace is a bit expensive in comparison to the competition
- It lacks advanced marketing tools
- Editing and adding new content could use some improvement
See how much Squarespace costs per month:
- Personal ($16/month): This starter plan gives you a free custom domain, SSSL security, 30 minutes video storage, etc.
- Business ($26/month): Get unlimited bandwidth, unlimited contributors, premium templates, etc.
- Basic Commerce ($35/month): Start your eCommerce journey with a plan that suits you. SSL security, free domain, video storage, templates, etc.
- Advanced Commerce ($54/month): Everything included in ‘Basic Commerce’ and more.
Note: You can save 30% (on Business Plan) of the monthly cost and 25% on every other plan, if you choose the yearly plan.
The best website builder for self-hosted websites and blogs
When you’re ready to start your own website, WordPress.org is a perfect choice.
This Content Management System (CMS) offers the ability to create stunning websites and blogs by using plugins and the Gutenberg editor. If you’re planning to start a blog and take search engine optimization (SEO) serious to rank in Google, then WordPress.org is perfect for you.
To get the most out of WordPress.org, you can install the Kadence theme which I use here on navidm.com. Then you can easily customize every aspect of your website, and build landing pages and a beautiful homepage.
If you want even more powerful marketing and SEO tools for WordPress, the Thrive Suite can take your WordPress website to the next level.
Although WordPress.org does not offer a drag and drop interface website builder (yet), it does offer a number of features for building a website with ease. Especially when you use a powerful plugin like the Elementor.
You need to register a domain name before you can build a site with WordPress.org. Once your domain is registered, your web hosting service will allow you to install the WordPress software on their server.
There are also ton of free plugins and themes to use to enhance the beauty and functionality of your website.
- Access to a huge library of free themes to use
- The Gutenberg editor is powerful, you can build a stunning landing page with it
- Reusable blocks make WordPress.org so much fun to use
- WordPress.org is supported by most hosting platforms and servers
- Google prefers WordPress.org sites and blogs over Wix, Weebly, etc.
- Add additional functionality to your site with plugins
- Pick a free mobile-responsive template to use
- It’s easily customizable
- Build a successful online business powered by Content
- Start your website in under 30 minutes
- There’s no limit to the number of pages to add
- It requires a learning curve
- Too many plugins slow down your WordPress site
- You may have to purchase a premium theme as the free ones are too basic
- The improved Gutenberg Editor can be confusing for beginners
WordPress.org is a free Content Management Software. You pay nothing to use it. However, you’ll have to pay for a domain name and choose between web hosting services like Hostinger or Cloudways which costs $3 – $30/month depending on the plan you choose.
The best website builder for eCommerce and online sellers
Shopify is a powerful website builder for eCommerce businesses and online sellers.
The Shopify website builder is a great way to create a website that looks professional and sells your products in a full featured online store.
It’s easy to add sections and add your own content. To use the website builder, you must choose a plan and set up an account.
Once you’re all set up, you can start using the tools to create your eCommerce website.
Shopify lets you customize many aspects of the design. You can change the colors, fonts, and images of different elements.
The Shopify e commerce website builder is also easy to use. You can add images and even embed YouTube videos onto your Shopify website.
The Shopify website builder also allows you to manage inventory and set up collections and gift cards. You can edit your products’ SEO settings and add keywords to them to ensure that they’re optimized for search engines.
- A simple website editor with visual customization
- Mobile storefront
- Shopping cart to sell products online
- A wide array of eCommerce website templates
- Seamless integration with 100s of apps
- Product catalog & listings
- Quickly set up your website with a pre-made template
- Easy to set up and manage your online store
- Easily customize your website and its pages
- It integrates with Printful, which allows you to run a PoD business
- The user interface is clean and intuitive
- No flexible pricing
- Not all features are available in every country
- You’ll always need an add-on, which in turn increases the cost
Here’s how much Shopify costs each month to use:
- Basic ($29/month): If you’re new to eCommerce, start with the Basic plan and scale later.
- Shopify ($79/month): Growing businesses will benefit from the additional features in this plan. It’s a great plan for selling online or in-store.
- Advanced ($299/month): When you’re ready to scale your eCommerce business and access advanced marketing tools with rich reporting, this is the ideal plan.
The best free website builder with stunning templates
Weebly is one of the best website builders that give you the freedom to build websites without coding skills.
The platform allows you to create a website for any purpose and is easy to use.
Weebly has a great selection of professionally-designed themes for websites.
Whether you’re creating a blog, portfolio, or online store, the Weebly publishing tools will give you total control over your content.
There are several premium plans to choose from.
You can also use the free plan to start building a site for your own use or to test it out. If you’re planning to sell a product or service, a premium plan is recommended.
- Launch a beautiful website, tell your story
- A powerful free website builder
- Easily customizable designer-ready templates
- Access to all-in-one eCommerce tools
- Track visitors and get customer insights
- An easy drag and drop site builder
- Easily manage your website and online store
- Weebly uses an auto-save function (so you don’t lose your progress)
- Many pre-designed templates to choose from
- Weebly is affordable compared to Squarespace
- Some website layouts and placements are hard to customize
- The mobile app doesn’t do much
- Uploading an image is a pain in the neck
See the pricing breakdown of Weebly:
- Free ($0.00/month): Get started with your basic website. You can’t use a custom domain and other features.
- Personal ($6/month): Kick off your website with more features, connect a custom domain name, etc. You can pay $9/month if you don’t want the yearly plan.
- Professional (12/month): Ready to connect your domain and be flexible with customizing your website? This is the plan for you. It costs $16/month if you’re not comfortable with the yearly billing.
- Performance ($26/month): You save big on this yearly plan, gain access to advanced features that drive business growth. It costs $29 month-to-month.
A better website builder solution for freelancers and store owners
Ucraft is an easy-to-use website builder. With this software, you can create and launch your website in minutes.
Using Ucraft to create a professional-looking website is a great idea if you’re new to website building or aren’t comfortable with writing codes.
The user interface is easy to use, and it includes the majority of tools needed to build a site.
The preview button shows how your site will look on various devices. You can select a theme from 80+ free templates, or you can create a custom design from scratch.
Ucraft has excellent options for adding pages. You can choose to add primary, secondary, or system pages. You can also create subpages.
The layout is easy to customize, and there is an integrated chat feature. As for SEO, you can customize the SEO of individual pages.
- An intuitive website builder. No coding experience is required.
- A wide collection of 100+ templates to choose from
- Use the drag-and-drop editor to quickly build your website
- Create and host your website on Google Cloud
- Create a professional-looking website in minutes
- Ucraft is quite easy to use, especially for non-coders
- The drag and drop website builder has a clean UI
- Pick from 100+ saved blocks for CTAs, FAQs, and Sliders.
- Integration with third-party apps are limited
- The extended features are not available in the Pro plan
- Uploading a royalty-free icon takes a lot of time
How much does uCraft cost? Let’s see:
- Free Plan: Create a 15 pages, connect your domain, secure your site with SSL, and get unlimited bandwidth.
- Pro Website: An extended plan that costs $10/month when paid annually. Get a free domain, create an unlimited number of pages, use advanced elements, unlimited bandwidth, and every other feature included in the Free Website plan.
- Pro Shop: Start your website with as little as $21/month (paid annually). Get every feature in Pro Website, including SEO tools, designer tools, blogging tools, 24/7 support, and a multilingual website.
- Unlimited: Design a professional website with this plan that costs $69/month (paid annually). Access to all Pro Shop features, plus add an unlimited number of pages, integrate with 50+ payment methods, add 20+ shipping methods, etc.
The best option to build modern websites at half the cost
The user-friendly interface allows beginners to create a great-looking site without too many design details.
In addition to an easy-to-use design editor, the builder is also packed with powerful AI tools to improve your business.
If you’re planning to start a new business or rebrand your existing one, the Zyro website builder will be a good option.
The Zyro website builder offers a simple interface with few elements. It’s easy to edit and drag and drop elements to create a great site.
The website builder also features a library of ready-made templates. While the templates themselves aren’t as robust as those found with Duda, users can still import their own design elements.
- Drag and drop editor makes building websites fulfilling
- Ecommerce tools to launch an online store fast
- Accept the major credit cards on your website
- Get free domain and cloud hosting with Zyro
- 24/7 security and support for your website
- Get access to modern-looking templates
- An easy to use drag-and-drop website builder
- Zyro is lightning fast
- Get access to AI-powered content and marketing tools
- No free forever plan like some site builders (and no free trial)
- Limited products in the online store
- It can get more pricy with a lot of add ons
Here’s what Zyro will cost you each month to design a website:
- Website ($2.90/month): Get started with a professional website or blog. Free domain for 1 year, marketing integrations, etc.
- Business: ($4.90/month): Sell products and services online with eCommerce essentials, up to 100 products, free email for 3 months, etc.
- Online store ($8.90/month): Launch an online store with advanced eCommerce tools, marketing integrations, 24/7 support, 70+ payment gateways, etc.
- Advanced Store ($15.90/month): All the features you can imagine, including some powerful marketing tools so you can reach international buyers, recover abandoned carts, etc.
Zyro comes with 30-day money-back guarantee. And all plans include free hosting.
The best website builder tool for design agencies
Duda is a stylish website builder that gives you total control to design professional websites quickly.
One of the biggest advantages of the Duda website builder is its versatility. With more than 100 templates to choose from, there’s something for everyone.
The drag and drop functionality makes it easy to customize every aspect of your site, making it perfect for agencies building multiple sites.
The speed of a webpage is an important factor for SEO performance, and the system promises super-fast loading speeds.
The feature allows you to customize your site’s experience for a better user experience.
In addition to the mobile-responsive templates, there are 10 blank templates that you can customize to suit your business.
- A drag-and-drop website editor
- Every element is easily customizable
- Team collaboration
- Flexible website navigation on desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Flat UI Design for conversions
- Easily design a professional website with drag and drop features
- Customize every aspect of your design fast
- Increase page conversions using flat designs
- No free plan
- The drag and drop editor can be more intuitive
What does Duda plans look like?
- BASIC ($19/month): I website included, site hosted on AWS, and email support.
- TEAM ($29/month): Every feature in the basic plan, including team & management features, branding, phone support, and more. You can get started with a 14-day free trial.
- AGENCY ($59/month): Save big on this plan, up to 4 websites and hosting on the AWS cloud, priority support, etc.
- CUSTOM: It’s time to create your own plan. Reach out to the sales support for a custom pricing.
Note: You’ll save 25% of the monthly cost if you pay annually.
Popular site builder for business owners
Web.com is a powerful website builder that lets you get your website online quickly.
The Web.com website builder is an easy-to-use tool that allows you to customize the appearance of your site, add content, and integrate social media.
You can display links to your social network profiles and photos, comment on other users’ posts, and embed videos from YouTube and Vimeo.
You can crop and resize your photos easily to match your website’s dimensions.
Additionally, Web.com allows you to create a community around your business and embed social feeds, which can boost your brand online. You can also implement custom contact forms, Google Maps, and more.
The Web.com website builder offers a number of templates and features that will help you create a unique site.
The Site Editor lets you create a responsive website that works well on all devices.
You can easily add pages and change colors and fonts to match your brand, or you can create a totally new look.
You can select from more than 150 professional website layouts that cater to a variety of industries. The templates can be fully customized to suit your needs and can be used by anyone.
- A DIY website builder
- 150+ professional templates to use
- State-of-the-art security features
- Expert web design services
- Custom domain name
- Built-in website hosting
- Get business email that matches your domain name
- Access to pre-designed content blocks
- Monitor your website performance
- Get your website launched quickly with the DIY builder
- Easy to use email marketing tools
- Start selling online with eCommerce features
- Gain access to pre-designed content blocks
- The custom website setup fee is expensive (starting at $1,500)
- Web.com isn’t for beginners. It requires a learning curve.
Web.com has a rather complex pricing structure. Pay only $1.95 in your first month, then $10/month after that. You may expect additional payments to use some advanced design tools at the backend. Keep that in mind.
The Web.com website builder is an easy-to-use tool that allows you to customize the appearance of your site, add content, and integrate social media.
The best website builder option for large businesses
HubSpot is an all-in-one marketing hub and software. You can use HubSpot to build simple to complex landing pages, design a full-blown website, and run marketing campaigns and A/B tests.
Whether you’re a web designer, a large company, or a business owner, building a website with HubSpot can be an easy and affordable process.
The platform provides a library of ready-to-use web templates for all industries and types of companies.
You can use drag-and-drop modules to customize these templates or choose from one of the many built-in templates.
If you’d like to customize your website more, you can also create your own custom theme and modify it with code editing.
The drag-and-drop builder on the HubSpot CMS is easy to use, and it includes a variety of modules that make modifying the look and feel of your site a snap.
- A drag-and-drop site editor
- A complete Marketing CRM platform
- Free marketing tools to get you started
- Hand-crafted template library to pick from
- HubSpot offers a ton of SEO tools
- A rich deposit of marketing resources & learning materials
- A clean and simple drag-and-drop editor
- Get access to all-in-one CRM for marketing, sales, conversions, etc.
- The templates are mobile-friendly and highly customizable
- Flexible pricing
- It gets expensive quickly
- You can run A/B tests on lower packages
- You may have to pay to access additional tech support
Let’s breakdown the cost of using the HubSpot website builder:
- Starter ($50/month): 1,000 marketing contacts, forms, landing pages, website builder, etc.
- Professional ($890/month): 2,000 marketing contacts, email marketing, forms, landing pages, website builder, etc.
- Enterprise (3,200/month): This plan is billed at $38,400/year, you get 10,000 marketing contacts, Single sign-on, automation, and every other feature.
Note: In the Starter and Professional plans, you can save 10% if you pay yearly.
HubSpot's mission is to help millions of organizations grow better. Comprised of Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, and a powerful free CRM, HubSpot's award-winning growth platform gives thousands of companies the tools they need to manage the customer experience -- all the way from awareness to advocacy.
The world’s most popular website builder
There’s no software to install when using WordPress.com (in contrast to WordPress.org)
This website builder is easy to use, but it is also capable of more advanced customization.
Once you’ve created your account, you can start & customize the appearance of your site.
You can even change the layout, color, and design of your site. After you’ve made some basic changes, you can access the admin panel to manage the site. However, you should first take care of the essential getting-started settings.
For example, the permalinks in WordPress define the structure of individual web pages.
WordPress.com is a popular platform because of its flexibility and power. Compared to regular website builders, WordPress.com offers more features and flexibility.
But be warned: it’s not for beginners. It isn’t a drag-and-drop editor, and you might not be able to use some features. If you’re unsure about what to do next, check out the video tutorials and the documentation on how to use WordPress.
- Free domain name for 1 year
- Best-in-class web hosting
- Stand out with professionally-designed themes
- A free website builder
- Launch an online store
- Get your website launched with the free website builder
- Start publishing content without spending money
- Interact with a raving community that supports each other
- Sell products and services fast through your online store
- Ads will annoyingly appear on your free website
- You can’t sell ads on your site
- You can’t upload custom themes or plugins
- You can’t integrate with Google Analytics, only stuck with their built-in stats
A summary of what WordPress.com costs:
- Personal ($4/month): This plan (billed yearly) is best for personal use. Get free domain for a year, remove WordPress.com Ads, reliable web hosting, etc.
- Premium ($8/month): Get every feature in the personal plan, plus earn ad revenue, access premium themes, upload videos, etc. It’s billed yearly.
- Business ($25/month): Small businesses can start with this plan. It’s billed yearly so that you can save. Start your business with amazing web design features, and advanced SEO tools.
- Ecommerce ($45/month): This is a yearly plan, and you get all the amazing features in the Business plan, and more.
13. GoDaddy Website Builder
A trusted name in domain registration and website development
GoDaddy Website Builder offers a convenient and easy-to-use platform to design, launch, and manage your website.
To use the GoDaddy website builder, all you need to do is create an account and follow the instructions.
It’s incredibly easy to use, and the graphical user interface makes it very beginner-friendly. You can even use the platform for free, allowing you to test out all the features and see if they’re right for you.
GoDaddy offers over 100 themes and numerous fonts and colors, ensuring that your site looks good on a variety of screens.
You can also reposition sections of your site and make different pages to suit different purposes.
The GoDaddy website builder is fast, easy to navigate, and doesn’t require any coding knowledge.
As long as you know what you’re doing, it’s easy to create a professional-looking website.
- A free website builder
- Signature templates to choose from
- Branded content with GoDaddy Studio
- Site security via an SSL certificate
- Email and social media marketing
- Pick a template from 300+ collections, customize, and launch your site
- Enjoy affordable hosting at $1 for 1 year
- An easy to use interface
- It’s hard to switch between themes
- The design is basic
- Ecommerce management isn’t as flexible as Squarespace’s.
When you’re ready to try GoDaddy Website Builder, here are the pricing plans:
- Basic ($6.99/month): Get your business launched online with a simple website, integrate marketing tools, and start collecting payment.
- Standard ($10.49/month): When you’re ready to grow your business faster with amazing tools, this is the ideal plan.
- Premium ($13.99/month): Get all the features in the Standard plan, plus an upgrade of your marketing. You can also take online appointments with handy tools.
- Commerce ($14.99/month): Get all the basic and extended features in this plan. Sell anywhere with your online store, point of sale (POS), and even integrate with third-party apps.
Note: You can Save 30% when you choose the annual term for each plan.
What Is a Website Builder?
A website builder is an online software designed to create a web page for you, without having to learn or master coding.
You won’t have to be an expert in web development or graphic design to use one of these programs.
You can select from a collection of stunning templates, customize it to your style, and launch your website.
A website builder is an easy way to create a website, and you won’t have to spend hours learning HTML and CSS if you don’t care about any of those.
Benefits of Using a Website Builder
Why do people use website builders? What are the benefits?
Here’s a quick breakdown of what you stand to gain with a website builder software:
1. Easy to Use
With a website builder like Squarespace, Wix, or WordPress, you can have your professional website up and running in under 30 minutes.
Website builders use drag-and-drop editor, which anyone, including beginners can find helpful and fun to use.
2. No Huge Budget Required
It costs a lot to hire a web developer or web designer to build a custom website for you. But with a website builder software, you don’t require a huge budget.
There are plenty of free and paid options to choose from. The paid plans are also affordable, not even close to what you’d pay for a professional help.
3. Zero Technical Skills Required
If you’re not a web developer or hate every thought of writing codes, then the best website builders can help you create a stunning website in half the time.
Simply use the drag-and-drop editor as well as the user-friendly interface to design professional web pages.
There’s no need to handle any FTP issues, as your website will be published in the cloud with the click of the ‘publish’ button. It’s that simple.
4. Manage Your Website Easily
It doesn’t matter where you are or which device you’re on, you can edit your website easily. Website builders are online-based, so your web files are always accessible on their service provider’s server — not your own computer.
Simply log into your account, click to edit, save or publish your changes to the web, and you’re done.
5. Libraries and Resources
Website builder tools are equipped with a library of premium themes, templates, plugins, and other applications that you can use to improve the aesthetics and functionality of your website. You can easily add and customize an application within the drag and drop editor.
What Makes A Great Website Builder?
Did you know that 42% of consumers will abandon your website if it’s not well designed? Yes, it’s that serious. Great design matters!
A great website builder can help you design a website that engages your audience.
This software should be able to walks you through the entire process of getting your site up and running in no time.
Even if you’re a complete beginner and have never designed a basic website before, a website builder should simplify the entire process, with no coding required.
If you’re an online marketer or business owner, website builder software can help you take care of your business operations — from designing a website to tracking analytics to running A/B tests to integrating with third-party apps, etc.
That being said, one great attribute of a website builder tool is that it should be easy to use, making it easier for you to do everything yourself — from designing a simple page — to launching a dynamic and complex website from scratch — to capturing email leads and building relationships with potential customers via emails.
Choose The Best Website Builder For Your Industry
Do you know how to choose the best website builder software for your industry?
This is a tough question to answer — because every industry is unique and has its own features and expectations.
Since 73% of customers trust the information on a business website over other sources, it’s important to design a website that will engage this people.
It begins with knowing what tools to use. If you’re a photographer, for example, what you’d regard as the best website builder might be different from what an eCommerce business owner will go for.
All in all, some website builders can serve different industries. Some are good for certain businesses, but you can reverse-engineer the features to suit your kind of business.
So if you’re a creator, choose a builder that will give you the flexibility to showcase your work. Remember to check the pricing as well, as some are more expensive than others.
The good news is some of these website platforms offer features that justify the price difference.
You may have also noticed that some support integration with third-party tools while others barely have any if at all.
What’s the best way to know the right website builder for you? Here’s a quick breakdown:
What Is The Best Website Builder for Small Business Owners?
Small businesses will benefit a lot from the rich features that Wix provides.
As a small business, you may want a simple website with a handful of pages. Wix is perfect for such situations and can handle the volume of traffic and transactions that your website will receive.
The latter is perfect for handling larger product inventories.
And there are 100s of premium templates to choose from — so you don’t have to be a professional website developer or designer to use the best website builder software.
What Is The Best Website Builder For Blogging?
Bloggers are content creators and business owners. They need a platform to be inspired to create engaging content and publish the content with ease.
The best website builder for blogging is WordPress.org. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying WordPress.com, as both of them are quite different.
Another very solid option is Ghost, which has a raving fanbase of users (both companies and personal sites). For example, both the Buffer blog and popular YouTuber Ali Abdaal is using it for their websites.
What Is The Best Website Builder For Photographers?
Professional photographers and enthusiasts are always looking out for the best website builder that will work for them.
While WordPress.org is popular and has its place — especially for photographers that want to also publish written content (blog posts), several plugins are required to make it work.
That’s why the best website builder for photographers is Squarespace. The pre-designed templates look stunning and they’re primarily designed for photographers or artists with a portfolio of work.
Photographers can also sell their work since Squarespace has built-in eCommerce features for both physical and digital products.
Keep in mind that Wix is also an alternative to Squarespace for photographers and artists. If you simply want to showcase your work (and not give many thoughts to ‘marketing’ your work), then Wix templates should suffice.
What Is The Best Ecommerce Website Builder?
If online stores and eCommerce business models are dear to your heart, then you should use the right website platform to realize your dream.
According to reports, eCommerce brands will generate $5.4 trillion in revenue this year.
You should be excited already. While you’re at it, your website must be professional, fast-loading, and easy to use.
The best eCommerce website builder is Shopify.
Although Squarespace, Wix, and WordPress.org (through Woocommerce) can get you up to speed with selling physical products online, Shopify is the number one website builder for ‘everything’ online stores. Save yourself the headache, use Shopify.
Frequently Asked Questions About Website Builders
Let’s go through some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) about website builders and answer them clearly:
Best Website Builders – Summary
I hope you benefitted and enjoyed going through this ultimate comparison review of the best website builders?
As you can imagine, there are so many website builders are out there.
Ultimately, you need to know your price point and choose a web builder based on which design features are most important to you.
Here are my final recommendations of top website builders to choose from:
- Webflow – best option that gives you control over your design
- Squarespace – best for creatives and artists who want a simple website builder
- Wix – best website builder for all-around use
- Shopify – best for eCommerce and online sellers
- WordPress.org – best for bloggers, content creators, entrepreneurs. Note: You’ll need web hosting + great theme or page builder, such as Kadence Theme, Elementor, or Thrive Suite (with Thrive Theme Builder) to successfully use WordPress.org.
Thanks for reading. Now it’s your turn.
What website builder do you want to use?
Do you already use a popular website builder software covered (or didn’t cover) in this guide.
Either way, I’d be expecting to read your comment below. Let me know.
Further reading on navidm.com: To take your landing pages to the next level, be sure to check out my complete guide to the best landing page builders. You can also check out my guide to the best podcast hosting sites and even more in-depth online software reviews here.