Here’s why you should create more videos:
78% of people watch online videos every week, and 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool to get traffic, leads, and grow revenue.
This is the ultimate guide to the best video editing software.
Yes, you’ll need the right video editing software that will help you trim, crop, add transitions, improve your photos, polish your audio, and help export high quality videos.
Video editing software programs have become very popular in recent years. Video consumption is on the rise, 9 out of 10 online consumers said that they wanted to see more videos from brands and businesses.
If you choose the best CRM software, you can maximize your revenue with less stress.
Most video editing software tools come with free trials and affordable plans. Adobe Premiere Pro, Camtasia, Filmora, Corel VideoStudio, and InVideo are great examples.
In this guide, you’ll discover:
- What the best video editing software programs are
- What to consider when choosing video editing software
- How to avoid wasting ‘money’ on video editing programs that lack essential features
- The benefits of using video editing software to create eye-catching videos for personal or business use
- And lots more…
If you’re ready, let’s dive right in.
What Are The Best Video Editing Software?
Here are my top picks for the best video editing software for 2022:
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Corel VideoStudio
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- Final Cut Pro
- Wondershare Filmora
- Movavi Video Editor
- Davinci Resolve
- Apple iMovie
- CyberLink PowerDirector 365
- Pinnacle Studio Ultimate
- Vimeo Create
- EaseUS Video Editor
Alright, let’s dive right in. Here’s a breakdown of the 21 best video editing software of 2022:
1. Adobe Premiere Pro
Best video editing software for Windows/PC
Adobe Premiere Pro is the most popular video editing software.
It’s a timeline-based video editing software that is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud licensing program.
This powerful video editing and creation tool allows you to place and replace media, create special effects and motion effects, and organize clips easily.
It also integrates with Adobe Stock footage, so you can get the best royalty-free stock images and videos to bring your videos to life.
- Import video and audio files to your timeline
- Professional video templates to customize as you see fit
- Add unique sound with audio tools and music tracks
- All Creative Cloud apps (Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, etc.) are supported
- Integration with 100s of third-party extensions
- Edit all types of footage, up to 8k
- Create and edit your videos in various file formats
- Unlimited access to all the features of the Creative Cloud apps
- Lots of professional photo editing features
- A loyal community of content creators provide
- tutorials and tips about the software
- Add a professional touch via filters, color-grade, masking, and more.
- It requires a high learning curve
- The advanced features may overwhelm beginners getting started with video editing
- Premiere Pro Single App ($20.99/month): Get Premiere Pro, plus 100GB of cloud storage, Adobe fonts, Premiere Rush, and more.
- Creative Cloud All Apps ($52.99/month): Get 20+ Creative Cloud apps, including Premiere Pro.
- Students and Teachers ($19.99/month): Save over 60% on 20+ Creative Cloud apps, including Premiere Pro.
- Business ($33.99/month): Get exclusive business features, plus Premiere Pro and all the Creative Cloud apps.
You can also get Adobe Premiere Pro when you sign up to the Creative Cloud for teams:
- Creative Cloud All Apps ($79.99/month): Get 20+ Creative Cloud apps and services, including Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop. It’s a monthly payment plan that gives you access to a lot of useful apps to up your video editing adventure.
- Single App ($33.99/month): Your choice of one app. Choose the app during checkout.
2. Corel VideoStudio
Best video editing software for Corel users
Corel VideoStudio lets you transform memorable events into stunning videos.
In addition to offering a clean user interface, Corel VideoStudio is feature-packed.
It includes fun tools for editing videos, such as speech-to-text, and a variety of tools for Multicam views.
Other amazing features include HSL tuning and tone curves, its support for Look-Up Table (LUT), auto-tone, and more.
- Drag and drop video editing tools
- Add 100+ effects, titles, and transitions
- Instant project templates (customize with ease)
- GIF Creator for your videos
- Speech to Text Converter to create and edit videos fast
- Capture and edit multi-camera videos
- Correct imperfections: enhance color, apply white balance, remove flaws, etc.
- Video trimming is so easy to implement
- A huge library of learning resources to help you master the software
- It’s simple to use, easy to learn
- 360-degree and 4K video editing
- Powerful color grading and video masking
- A zoom feature would help to pinpoint the exact place to make tiny adjustments
- The interface could use some modern improvement
Corel VideoStudio has plans for Business and Education. Fortunately, they’re priced the same based on the number of users.
- VideoStudio For Business & Enterprise: For 1-24 users, the pricing starts from $63.99/unit.
- For a team of 25+ users, you can get a custom quote from the sales team. Keep in mind though that costs drop as seat count increases.
3. Adobe Premiere Elements
Best video editing software for beginners
Adobe Premiere Elements is an easy video editing software for beginners.
With Adobe Premiere Elements, you can unleash your creativity and make your video look professional.
Intelligent Editing helps you merge two videos into one, keeping the best scenes. It also allows you to share and burn videos to DVD.
The 3-way color correction tool lets you tweak each hue separately.
The software also comes with 20+ pre-made Motion Titles, which include opening, ending, lower thirds, and a custom option.
- Adobe Sensei AI technology: automate your video editing
- Import videos to the timeline and add eye-catching effects, transitions, and animations
- Design slideshows, animated social posts, and video collages
- Create dynamic time-lapse videos
- Create photos from videos in a snap
- Easy automated video editing with AI Sensei Technology
- Gain access to a range of effects, animations, and artistic elements
- Powerful layering options that are easy to use
- Professional video editing tools for beginners
- It doesn’t support screen recording
- It sometimes slows output rendering speed
- Premiere Elements is not included in the Creative Clouds apps
Here’s the breakdown of Adobe Premiere Elements pricing, plus how you can also get it through the Creative Clouds bundle:
- Premiere Elements 2022 ($99.99/one-time purchase): Get started with video editing with helpful tools to transform your clips into engaging videos. The upgrade starts at $79.99 for existing users.
- Photoshop Elements 2022 & Premiere Elements 2022 ($149.99/one-time purchase): With this bundle, you can save $50. The upgrade starts at $119.99 for existing users.
4. Final Cut Pro
Best video editing software for Mac
Final Cut Pro is the most popular video editor developed by Apple Inc. and Macromedia Inc.
It runs on Mac computers. For the most part, this program is fairly simple to use.
The interface in Final Cut Pro is simple and uncluttered.
All tools are clearly labeled and easy to navigate. There is no ambiguity when it comes to navigating the program.
- Easy-to-use video editor for Mac
- Object Tracker and Cinematic mode
- Access to popular plug-ins, effects, and tools from leading developers
- Access pro editing tools, audio, and motion graphics
- Color-grade your scenes to suit your mood
- It’s easy to access all editing tools from the workspace
- Video and image rendering is fast. There’s no delay
- Easy to learn, clutter-free interface and layouts
- It has lots of built-in transitions to make your videos pop
- Easily add audio and video clips
- Third-party plugins often have loading issues
- It only supports Mac hardware devices
- It’s complicated managing catalog of videos at a Project level (it could be more simplified)
Final Cut Pro costs $299.99. It’s suitable for professional post-production purposes.
Final Cut Pro comes with a 90-day free trial. You get the latest version of Final Cut Pro for your Mac, use the software and if you’re not blown away, you can cancel your account before the 90th day.
5. Wondershare Filmora
Simple Online Video Editor for Windows and Mac
Wondershare Filmora is a video editing application for Windows PCs and Mac.
It has been designed to help you make your own videos, and it includes many useful tools to enhance the quality of your video productions.
The program includes filters, animated elements, and other video effects, and it can even help you create videos for social networking websites.
It supports various video formats, including HD videos for iPhone and MPEG2, and it helps you to burn DVD discs and play them on a TV or home DVD player.
- An intuitive video editor
- Video creation and storytelling tools
- Access royalty-free stock media, visual effect plugins, and templates
- A rich learning resource with access tutorials, tools, and guides
- Splice, trim and crop your videos
- Easily import and export media files
- Improve the quality of your videos with stunning effects
- It’s easy to use (you can learn how to use it quickly)
- The timeline editor is intuitive and easy to use
- Advanced editing tools such as audio detachment, green screen, etc.
- Filmora watermark will appear on the free version (except you upgrade)
- It can laggy sometimes when editing multiple video tracks
- Limited creative options for titles and headings
Filmora pricing might seem complex at first, but it’s straightforward. It has the same pricing structure for both Windows and Mac versions.
Filmora’s Individuals’ pricings are as follows:
- ANNUAL PLAN ($68.98/year): Get free downloads of all Filmora updates (including new versions).
- PERPETUAL PLAN ($116.95/lifetime): Get free downloads of Filmora 11 updates, video editing, and other features.
- Filmora Team ($115.88/user/year): This plan is ideal for a business or team. This package lets you track and manage licensing across groups and teams.
Contact the sales team to get custom quotes if you have 5 or more users on your team.
Best video editing software with screen capture functionality
ScreenFlow is a Mac-compatible video editing software. You can create and edit any type of video on your Mac.
The app comes with a free trial period and features a built-in camera.
The software is ideal for sending instructions to clients and includes great editing features.
Users can overlay music and Zooms on their screen recordings.
- Capture high-quality screen recordings
- Edit videos with the easy-to-use interface
- Gain access to 500,000+ library of images, audio & video clips
- Video filters and multi-app recording
- Publish to social media directly
- Text animations, video animations, freehand annotations, etc.
- Easily record and edit your screen
- It’s intuitive and easy to use
- Record multiple screens simultaneously
- Quickly export the edited screen recording to MP3
- Add annotations while editing your videos
- It supports only Mac devices. No iOS version.
- More advanced features will be appreciated
- Frequent and nagging updates
ScreenFlow has 3 different plans and pricing:
- ScreenFlow (Volume discount prices): It costs $149, for Mac only, to capture high-quality screen recordings, edit videos, and do more.
- ScreenFlow Super Pak ($209): Suitable for Mac Only devices. Stock media library, and everything in the volume discount plan.
- ScreenFlow Super Pak + Premium Support ($239/year): Everything in the Super Pak plan, plus phone support, priority response, and more.
Best all-in-one video editing platform
Wave Video is an all-in-one video platform. It offers a wide range of video-editing features.
Other essential features include a live streaming studio, video recording app, thumbnail maker, and video hosting.
Unlike other similar video editors, you can create a video on any mobile device and publish it directly on social media.
However, the price and feature range for downloadable versions differ largely.
If you want to customize the text and transitions in your videos, you should opt for the downloadable version. Use the online version if you’re looking to share videos on social media.
- Trip and crop your video within the timeline
- Apply filters and resize your video to 30+ formats online
- Create an unlimited number of videos – every month (on every subscription plan)
- Use 400,000+ built-in stock footage, music, animated text, GIFs, and stickers
- Professional video templates to get you started
- Seamless integrations with YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and other platforms
- Beautiful video templates that are easy to customize
- Extremely easy to use
- High-quality stock video, music, and graphics for your videos
- Create social media videos and upload them directly to Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Easily create several canvas options for different social media platforms
- Sometimes, uploading video clips take time (it can be frustrating)
- You may have to spend extra cash to purchase add-ons or plugins
- Adjusting the CTA option at the end of each video is a daunting task
How much does Wave Video cost? Here’s the pricing breakdown:
- Free ($0/month): Basic video editor, thumbnail maker, stock library. Only 15 seconds long.
- Creator ($30/month): Video editor up to 15 minutes, background removal, text to speech, and every feature in the Free plan.
- Business ($60/month): Everything in the Creator plan, plus a stock library of 200 million assets and templates, video editor (up to 60 minutes), and more.
Best all-in-one audio and video editing software, as easy as a doc
Descript lets you edit any type of video, as easy as a doc.
The free version of the program allows you to add subtitles, and other features, as well as re-record your own videos.
This is a great tool for creating a short film or making an educational video, and the advanced paid version offers more options.
One of the major benefits of using the Descript video editor is the ease of use. The application is simple to navigate and allows you to easily upload videos.
- A video word processor. Edit video by editing text
- Create videos from start to finish
- Add titles and captions to make your videos accessible without sound
- Insert transitions between scenes and sections for a smooth flow
- Keyframe animation: zoom in on key elements or animate layers
- Write your voiceover with Overdub: the text to speech voices
- User-friendly and great free features
- Easy audio and video editing tools
- Get rid of filler words and record directly within the app
- Easily break scripts into different chapters
- Auto-corrects punctuation, capitalization, as you polish the script
- You can’t duplicate image and text overlays
- Water appears on exported video (in the free version)
- A wizard/tutorial as soon as someone signs up would be very useful
Descript has 4 plans with flexible pricing:
- Free ($0/forever): 3 hours of transcription, video editing, screen recording, etc.
- Creator ($15/editor/month): Everything in the free plan, plus 10 hours of transcription each month, watermark-free video export
- Pro ($30/editor/month): Everything in Creator, plus 30 hours of transcription each month, unlimited Overdub, Publish pro, etc.
- Custom: For 10+ user teams, everything in Pro, plus Single Sign On (SSO), Overdub Enterprise, Invoicing, and more. Contact the sales team for a custom quote.
Note: You save 20% of the total monthly cost when you pay annually.
Best online video editor for ease of use
InVideo is a drag-and-drop video editor that allows you to easily create professional-looking videos.
Its easy-to-use interface and advanced video-editing options make it a great choice for both novice and professional users.
InVideo comes with over 5,000 pre-made templates that you can use to create your own unique video.
Select one and populate it with all the media elements you want to include in your video. This will automatically apply all the effects that you need.
- A powerful online video editor (no software to download)
- 5,000+ templates, iStock media, and music library
- Edit audio with handy tools: trim, fade-in & out, loop, etc.
- Add 40+ fluid animations to your video (slide, blur, bounce, spin, etc)
- Create, edit, comment, and share videos with your team members
- Easily pick a template and customize it to suit your style
- Intuitive and easy to use video editor
- Add filters and transitions to make your videos engaging
- A simple online video editor (no download required)
- Add stunning effects to light up your video
- Watermark will show on exported videos (in the free version)
- Uploading video files takes time (I wish it can be improved)
- It’s not optimized for all browsers (it’s laggy on Mozilla Firefox)
InVideo has 3 plans for individuals and teams:
- Free ($0/free forever): 5000+ video templates, automated text to speech, 40 min video duration per video, watermark on videos, etc.
- Business ($23/month): No watermark on videos, 10 iStock media per month, 1 million+ premium media, and more.
- Unlimited ($45/month): Everything in Business, plus 120 iStock media per month, unlimited video exports, unlock Filmr Pro, and more.
Note: When you pay yearly, you save 6 months of the total cost.
Best video editing software for education
WeVideo is a popular cloud-based video editing service. It lets you create amazing movies with special effects, animated text, and music.
Your finished video will look great on any display and can be shared directly to popular sites.
Since it is cloud-based, you can create movies on your PC or Mac from anywhere.
This app is very easy to use and will give you beautiful videos in no time.
It’s recommended that you try it out before making a purchase.
- Create videos quickly using customizable templates
- Add green screen for a big-budget look without the extra cost
- Edit videos with zero upload wait time with the online editor
- Access 1 million+ built-in stock videos, images, and music tracks
- make videos on any device (Windows, Mac, mobile, and Chromebook)
- Video editing is seamless and fast
- Powerful integrations with Google Drive or Dropbox
- Highly intuitive and easy to use
- A simple online video editor for students
- Rendering and export is processed in the cloud (you get 1TB of storage)
- Video lags during playback for me
- You can’t add shadow or outline to texts
WeVideo offers flexible plans to suit your video needs:
- Power ($9.99/month or $4/month billed annually): 30 minutes video per month, 20GB storage, templates, motion titles, and 720p HD resolution.
- Unlimited ($15.99/month or $7/month billed annually): Everything in Power, plus unlimited storage, 1080p+ HD resolution, and unlimited publish time.
- Professional ($39/month or $19/month billed annually): Everything in Unlimited, plus unlimited stock usage, brand management, premium templates, etc.
- Business ($73.99/month or $36/month billed annually): Everything in Professional, plus team license (3 seats), collaboration tools, user management, etc.
11. Movavi Video Editor
Best budget-friendly video editor for PC
Movavi Video Editor is an intuitive and feature-rich video editing software. You can create a new project to get started, then import media files with just 1 click of the button.
You can import files one by one or in batches. The interface also provides a tutorial overlay to assist you throughout the process.
Once you have imported your media files, you can drag and drop the files to the timeline.
You can also apply effects to all clips in your project.
- Intuitive video-editing software
- Apply Chroma key to easily change the background of your clip
- Spice up your videos with great titles, filters, and transitions to your videos
- Remove camera shakes from your video
- Use creative filters to set the right mood for your footage
- An easy-to-use screen recording tool
- An intuitive set of video editing tools
- A clutter-free user interface (perfect for beginners)
- Professional ready-made intros for your video
- Apply Chroma Key to change your background to anything you like
- Enjoy fast file processing and rendering
- Basic controls over color tuning. Color-grading can be improved
- Few templates for transitions & texts
- Exported videos contain a watermark on the free 7-day trial
Movavi Video Editor Plus costs $69.95. This is version 22.1.1 with a size of 87.5 MB when downloaded, and supports multiple interface languages.
Best easy-to-use video editing software
Camtasia video editor is a powerful screen recording and video-editing software that allow you to create and edit professional-looking videos.
With Camtasia, you can easily record everything that’s on your computer’s screen, and splice it into different media such as videos, images, and audio files.
This software is especially helpful for those who need to create videos for their business and don’t have a lot of time to spare.
Camtasia is not cheap, but the program is worth it when it comes to features and ease of use.
- Record and create stunning videos on Window & Mac
- Start with a template to speed up the process
- Engage viewers by adding text and sound effects
- Save custom styles and configurations as Presets for frequent use
- Simple drag-and-drop video editor
- Choose from a library of royalty-free music
- Screen recording is easy (even for beginners)
- Camtasia supports a lot of online tools
- Stunning effects to make your video irresistible
- Gain access to a library of stock footage and music
- A simple but powerful video editing software
- You can only play a video on the timeline at only one speed, realtime
- The software can be lighter and usable on mid specs computers
Camtasia has multiple pricing options:
- Individual & Business ($224.99/user/1 license): This comes with the first year of maintenance, compatible with Windows and Mac, phone, chat, and email support, renews at $50/year.
- Education ($161.03/user/1 license): Camtasia Certification with 20+ videos of training, compatible with Windows & Mac, etc. Renews at $42.94/year.
- Government & Non-Profit ($201.74/user/1 license): Everything in the Education plan, plus free upgrade to the next version of Camtasia, tax-exempt ordering available, and renews at $44.83/year.
13. DaVinci Resolve
Best video editing software for filmmakers
DaVinci Resolve is a well-known non-linear color-grading and video-editing software loved by many, especially filmmakers and YouTubers.
It was originally developed by Da Vinci Systems, which was acquired by Blackmagic Design in 2009.
It’s a versatile tool for both beginners and experienced editors.
It offers a wide range of features, including the ability to edit, grade, and color-correct videos.
- Cut, trim, and crop videos and images with powerful tools
- Professional editor to improve color, add effects, and Audio Post
- Immersive 3D audio workflows
- HDR grading tools to enhance your mood
- Create Cinematic quality visual effects and motion graphics
- 100 GPU Accelerated video and film effects
- A complete video editing software
- The free version has useful features for professional editors
- DaVinci Resolve has advanced color correction tools
- Easily improve your audio quality on video projects
- Extensive learning resources to master all the tools
- It requires so much CPU capacity to operate (a basic version would be great)
- It’s a bit overwhelming (especially for beginners)
DaVinci Resolve 17 is completely free to use.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 costs $295. Get everything in the free version, plus Fairlight FX audio plugins, advanced HDR grading, HDR scopes, DaVinci Neural Engine, and more.
14. Apple iMovie
Best free video editing software for Mac and IOS
Apple iMovie is a simple and intuitive video editor for both Mac and iPhone.
The program supports 4K video and also works with Apple ProRAW and ProRes video.
Its pre-set themes and unified filters give you plenty of options when making your videos. It is not available on Windows PCs.
The drag-and-drop import and editing features are simple.
You can also lock adjacent videos so that they do not interfere with one another. In addition, you can use the precision editor to change fade-ins and transition times.
- Create cinema-quality videos
- Edit videos on the go with the mobile app
- Shape your story with Magic Moview and Storyboards on iPhone or iPad
- Experiment with 20+ different video styles
- Trim, split, delete, and rearrange clips from your shots
- It’s quick, simple, and easy to learn
- It’s a free video editor with a Mac
- iMovie is ideal for beginners and users with little to no experience
- A user-friendly interface
- Edit audio and add sound clips with ease
- It requires so much CPU capacity to operate (a basic version would be great)
- It’s a bit overwhelming (especially for beginners)
- It takes up a lot of storage space
iMovie is completely free with all MacOs. So you can download, install, and start using it to edit your videos.
15. CyberLink PowerDirector 365
Best video editor for ease of use
CyberLink PowerDirector 365 video editor is a subscription-based version of the PowerDirector video editing software.
The package contains an additional travel content pack as well as unlimited access to CyberLink plug-ins, music, sound clips, and AI-style packs.
This software is a good option for those looking to produce a professional-looking video.
It also has a wealth of effects and a wide variety of presets.
- Intuitive video editing tools (color match, title designer, distortion correction, etc.)
- AI-powered tools to automated your video editing
- Professional format video import (HEVC HDR10 & HLG, AVC)
- Create marketing videos with pre-crafted templates
- Add background music and sound clips to your video
- Intuitive software for editing presentations
- It’s pretty easy to use, with a brief learning curve
- Easily crop, split, and add effects & transitions to your video
- Very little configuration is required to start using the software
- More animated text features can be added
- The frequent advertisement to upgrade is annoying
Here are the pricing plans for PowerDirector video editing software for new users:
- PowerDirector 20 Ultra ($99.99/year): Access to premium plug-ins and effects, and more.
- PowerDirector 20 Ultimate ($139.99/year): An upgraded plan with amazing features.
- PowerDirector 365 ($51.99/year): Access to sound clips, background music, etc.
- Director Suite 365 ($96.99/year): Everything in PowerDirector and more.
- PowerDirector 365 Business ($149.99/year): Get unlimited access to all the features and future upgrades.
16. Pinnacle Studio Ultimate
Best advanced video editing software
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate is a versatile video editing program, with advanced video enhancement tools such as chroma key, retouching, and image manipulation.
This powerful video and audio editor feature a wide variety of tools, making it easy to create professional-quality videos in a matter of minutes.
The program offers one-touch YouTube uploads, supports stop-motion animation, and can burn DVDs and Blu-ray directly.
- Advanced video editing tools (video masking, 360-degree video editing, etc)
- Precise control over what happens in your video, including motion tracking, MultiCam editing, etc.
- Add cinema-grade effects to your video
- Insert smooth transitions, custom titles, and motion graphics
- Screen recording tools to add interactivity to your video
- Intuitive and fun to edit videos with Pinnacle Studio
- Screen recording made simple
- Easily edit freely across tracks with complete control
- Render cinema-grade visuals in real-time
- Learn advanced editing tools with lots of tutorial videos
- It requires a bit of a learning curve
- Advanced features right off the bat might be overwhelming for beginners
- Pinnacle Studio Ultimate costs $89.95. You save $40 and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Upgrade costs $69.95. Gain access to all the amazing new features
Note: These prices are for one-time licenses with no recurring subscription fee required.
Best online video editing platform
ClipChamp is a powerful video-editing software that allows you to can edit personal or branded videos with ease.
You can record videos and drop them into the editor. You can select the resolution of your video and change the audio and visual effects.
With the free version, you can record videos at 480p, while the premium version can record videos at 720p or 1080p.
You can also replace text and add transitions, and even insert titles and subtitles to your videos.
- An intuitive online video maker
- Access 100+ customizable video templates
- A huge library of stock images, videos, and audio clips
- Compress and convert all major video file types (MOV, MP4, etc.)
- Create videos in any dimension and size
- A simple online video editing tool
- Professional templates and fonts at your disposal
- Create quick videos, avoid the complexity of some video editing tools
- Cloud storage for all your videos
- Full HD video exports with a few clicks
- Sometimes rendering the final files encounters issues
- Lower quality video output for lower-level subscriptions
ClipChamp has got plans to suit your video-editing needs:
- Basic: It’s free for personal use, unlimited video exports and 480p exports
- Creator ($9/month): Unlimited video exports, 720p exports, unlimited audio stock, and more.
- Business ($19/month): Everything in the Creator plan, plus Brand kit, unlimited cloud storage, and more.
- Business Platinum ($39/month): The complete package for business use, with all the features on ClipChamp.
Note: You can save 30% of the total monthly cost when you pay yearly.
18. Vimeo Create
Best for quick video editing
Vimeo Create is a video editing and sharing tool that let you edit, style, and customize videos.
You can start from scratch or use a professionally designed template.
Depending on your needs, you can add animated stickers, styles, filters, and layouts to your video.
You can also upload your own media. With Vimeo Create, you can easily share your videos with friends and family. It offers a music library of over a thousand songs.
- Create stunning videos from 3,000+ ready-to-use video templates
- Customize your videos with animated stickers, filters, layouts, and styles
- An intuitive AI-powered online video maker (no software download ever)
- Add text effects, transitions, and highlights
- Download and publish your videos to the major social platforms (including YouTube)
- Vimeo Analytics Dashboard: Track your video’s performance in real-time
- An intuitive and easy online video editor
- Lots of amazing templates to tell your story
- Create professional-looking videos in minutes
- AI-powered video maker automates the process for you
- Easily add texts, edit layouts, and export videos in your chosen format
- Sometimes, the upload process takes time to complete
- Videos often buffer and skip
Here’s the pricing structure of Vimeo Create:
- Plus ($7/month billed annually): Video creation, player customization, privacy controls, etc.
- Pro ($20/month billed annually): 20GB/week, 1TB every year, and everything in the Plus plan.
- Business ($50/month billed annually): No weekly limits, 5TB total storage, and more.
- Premium ($75/month billed annually): This is perfect for live streaming, 7TB total storage, and more.
Note: This monthly pricing is billed annually and you’re saving 41% of the total cost. And you can try any plan free for 30 days.
Best video animation software platform
Animaker is one of the easiest video editors to use. The tool also has millions of stock assets.
With this, you can create videos on practically any subject.
Animaker also allows you to animate properties and characters without breaking a sweat. These features make even the most complex animations super easy and fast.
Animaker also lets you change the aspect ratio of your videos. This is helpful if you’re uploading your videos to social sites such as Facebook.
- Create attractive animation videos in minutes
- 1,000+ templates to pick from (get your video done in 5 minutes)
- Drag-and-drop builder that’s easy to use
- Design your unique characters to match your story or brand
- 100+ stock videos and photos to make your videos pop
- It’s very easy to use
- Easily create your own custom character
- Lots of professional templates to choose from and customize
- It’s affordable for the value the software provides
- Create short animated videos for social media (YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
- It’s a bit limiting since it can only be used from the browser
- The characters can be a little more real when talking
- Basic ($20/month): 5 downloads per month, HD quality videos, build 5 custom characters per month, and more.
- Starter ($35/month): 10 premium downloads/month, full HD quality videos, 20 premium asset credits/month, etc.
- Pro ($79/month): 30 premium downloads/month, 2K quality videos, everything in the Starter plan, and even more.
Best simple video editing software
VEED is an online video editor that uses AI to quickly convert videos and audio files into professional-looking videos.
VEED also lets you add color correction and grading to your videos, add audio tracks, and add subtitles.
It can also be used for personal videos and YouTube accounts.
VEED is an excellent choice for anyone looking to create an interesting video.
This web-based video editor allows you to make a square, landscape, and portrait videos for YouTube.
- One-click video editing software
- Add subtitles, transcribe audio, and do much more
- Translate webinars and Zoom calls into 100+ languages to reach a wider audience
- Save your content, logo, color pallets, and fonts as Presets for frequent use
- Remove background noise from your video
- Trim, cut, and create videos without delay
- Add subtitles to your videos
- Engage your viewers with smoothly animated texts
- It’s easy to use, little to no training is required
- Add annotations and logos to all your videos
- It takes way too long to subtitle a short audio clip
- Sometimes the software crashes when zoomed in on the timeline
Here’s the breakdown of the 4 different plans and pricing on the VEED video editing software:
- FREE ($0): Get basic features for projects — under 10 minutes. It comes with a watermark.
- BASIC ($18/month): Ideal for individuals who need a simple but effective video editor.
- PRO ($30/month): Suitable for professionals that need extra storage, collaboration, etc.
- Enterprise: Get custom quotes from the sales team.
Note: Save 33% of the total monthly cost when you pay annually.
21. EaseUS Video Editor
Best video editor for everyone
EaseUS Video Editor is a video editing software for everyone. You can trim, join, and mix video files, and apply stylish video effects.
You can also record narrations. The software supports a wide range of media formats, including HD and SD, as well as AVI and MP3 files.
It also supports the conversion of images and other multimedia files.
You can create your own movies and share them with your friends and family.
- 50+ visual and transitions effects to make your video pop
- Trim, cut, split, merge, rotate, and mix video clips
- Speed up or slow down your video speed
- Record your narration with the click of a button
- All video file types (MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, and many more) are supported
- Quick access to all visual effects and transitions
- An intuitive drag-and-drop feature you’ll love
- Easily trim, cut, and merge your clips like a pro
- Lots of learning resources for beginners
- Limited footage editing options
- It requires a steep learning curve
EaseUS Video Editor has just 1 plan with 3 different pricing options:
- Monthly ($17.97): Remove watermark, export 1080p video, 1-month free upgrades, etc.
- Yearly ($49.95): Everything in the monthly plan, plus 1-year free upgrades.
- Lifetime ($79.95): Everything in the yearly plan, plus lifetime free upgrades.
What is Video Editing Software?
Video editing software is a tool for creating professional-looking videos.
It enables you to edit your videos in a variety of formats, including AVI, MKV, MP4, and more.
Among the many features of video-editing software, it includes green-screen functionality, unlimited storage, and uploading of multiple file formats.
Its built-in library of audio and video clips makes it a powerful tool for any beginner.
What To Look For in Video Editing Software
When it comes to video editing technology, there are a few factors to consider when choosing editing software. In the end, your decision will depend on what you’re looking to achieve with the software.
Here are some crucial considerations and factors to keep in mind when picking a video editing software:
1. Ease of use
Some video editing software programs are easier to learn compared to others. In fact, when I started editing my videos, I learned how to use Movavi Video Editor plus within a few minutes.
Other tools such as the VSDC editor require a learning curve.
So it’s important to consider how easy editing software is, and how fast you can start your first project.
Essentially, look for tools that offer a ton of documentation, guides, videos, and community support to help you.
2. Downloadable or online
Some video editing software such as InVideo and ClipChamp lets you upload your content into a browser-based application. You don’t have to download any software.
Other video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Wondershare Filmora, and Corel VideoStudio require a software download.
Keep in mind that downloadable video editors are often more versatile than browser-based applications. It all depends on your specific needs.
Find a video editing software that offers the features and tools you need, but doesn’t break the bank. Affordability is an important factor to consider as well.
There are plenty of free video editing tools that you can get started with.
While they may offer basic features, you can start learning with those until you’re ready to upgrade or switch to premium video editing software.
So choose software that matches your budget, while still giving you the flexibility to use it.
4. File formats
The majority of video editing software tools listed here allow you to access, import, edit, and export videos in a range of formats and save your finished projects in the right file type.
Keep an eye on editing applications that offer a wide range of formats. This will give you more flexibility when working on any video project.
5. Useful features
I’m sure you have an idea of what you intend to accomplish with video editing software?
Consider editing tools with useful features, such as the ability to change aspect ratios, add professional sound effects, add filters and overlays, color-grade your clips, or implement text and captions into your videos.
The best video editing software will come with both basic and advanced features, and also a stock library of footage, music, and graphics.
How to Use Video Editing Software
Here’s a summarized step-by-step process of how you can use video editing software. Our main focus is Adobe Premiere Pro.
1. Customize the interface
It’s easy to customize your workspace by moving panels around to get the exact interface you want. Save your workspace settings from the Window menu following this path: Window > Workspaces > Save as New Workspace.
2. Import Your Files
Once the interface setup is ready, you can import your content. To import your clips and start editing, go to File > Import, and then select the file. The imported clips will appear in the Project panel.
3. View Your Assets
Through the Source monitor, you can monitor all your source materials. Double click a clip in the panel to open it.
The playback controls within the source monitor are all customizable via the Button Editor button at the far right.
Use the source monitor to add In and Out points to your footage, as you prepare it for the final edit. Add an In point with the I key, and the O key for an Out point.
4. Create a Sequence
Once you have the In and Out points set, you can go ahead and add the clip to your final edit. To make this happen, you’ll need a sequence.
Simply drag and drop your clip over the timeline area at the bottom. Or you can create a sequence from scratch via File > New > Sequence. Now you can see the new timeline pop up with the clip.
5. Navigate the Timeline
You can learn to navigate the timeline and the entire workspace faster. The key shortcuts you can learn are for basic navigation.
Start and Stop playback with the spacebar. Use the J, K, and L keys to shuttle around the timeline. Use the (+) and (-) keys to zoom in and out, and use a backslash to quickly get a bird’s eye view of your project via the Zoom to Sequence command.
6. Adjust the Audio
It’s time to take care of your sound. It’s easy to view the audio levels via Window > Audio Meters.
To make sure your audio levels aren’t too loud, open up the Window > Audio Track Mixer. Here, it’s easy to control the levels of each track, performing a proper ‘mix’.
7. Add Transitions
Adobe Premiere Pro allows you to add smooth video transition effects. If you already have custom transitions, you can find them within the Video Transitions folder via Window > Effects panel.
To apply a transition, simply drag and drop.
Cmd + D will automatically apply a default transition to your selected clips. To retime, simply click and drag with the Selection tool.
7. Export and Upload
Now it’s time to export your video sequence. Go to File > Export > Media > Export Settings dialog box. Start by choosing the H.264 format, which is the standard for social media platforms.
Since I’m exporting for YouTube and Twitter, I’ll select one of the presets available in the Presets drop-down menu. Now all I need to do is select the Output name and location.
Benefits of Using Video Editing Software
What’s the need of editing a video when it can be published right away? Well, here are the 5 reasons why you should consider using video editing software to improve your videos:
1. Get access to professional video templates
The best video editing software programs come with hundreds of ready-to-use templates. These templates are easy to customize, and you can cut back time while growing your business.
With a video template, you don’t need a learning curve to master it, just drag, drop, edit, delete, save, and publish.
2. Video editors are affordable
Some of the most popular video editing applications are also affordable.
Movavi Video Editor, VSDC, and ClipChamp are popular options, as they run on low-end PCs.
These video editing tools are lightweight and feature a non-linear timeline, tons of color correction tools, cinematic transition effects, motion tracking, and convenient export profiles.
3. Make money with professionally-looking videos
There are so many ways to make money with videos. You can use your video content to advertise a business.
Create interactive videos that showcase your products. You can also create and publish consistently on YouTube to build an audience.
Many crowdfunding platforms are also leveraging video content. If your video is powerful, your chances of getting funded are higher.
4. Video editing software positions you as an expert
Video content is the future of marketing. If you want to attract thousands of leads and customers, you should do more videos.
According to Streaming Media, Videos will drive more than 80% of all web traffic in 2022. That’s a 12% increase from 2015. And 86% of businesses are using video content.
Your expertise in video editing software has likely set you apart from other professionals in your field.
You’ll stand out among the rest because you’ll be able to quickly identify and fix any problems that arise with a video project, including any technical glitches.
You’ll be able to use these tools to get the job done faster and make your clients happy.
5. Create appealing videos with video editing software
Whether you’re a content creator on YouTube or a seasoned professional with experience in filmmaking, there are a few things you must know about video editing software.
These tools will make your work much easier. For instance, Adobe Premiere Pro comes with a built-in library of stock media.
You can choose from a variety of different music tracks and video clips. These libraries are a great way to start your creative process.
How to Choose the Right Video Editing Software for You
When looking for video editing software, The first thing to look for in a video editing software is compatibility.
Choosing the right software depends on how much work you’re willing to put into it.
You should choose a program that is compatible with your source material, as well as the output format you plan to use.
You’ll need to know which file formats the program supports. In particular, you’ll want to ensure that it can import and edit DV or AVI video files.
If the software doesn’t support these formats, you’ll need to find a new one that does. Fortunately, there are many affordable, effective alternatives – such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and ClipChamp.
Once you know what features you need, you can begin looking at video editing software.
You’ll want to find a program that works on multiple platforms, such as a Mac or PC, as this will make editing videos on the go much easier.
You can also decide whether you’ll be using the software for personal or professional projects.
You can even choose between free and paid options, depending on your budget and your skill level.
FAQs About Video Editing Software
Let’s answer some of the frequently asked questions about video editing software:
Best Video Editing Software – Summary
You’ll find plenty of video editing software programs out there. I hope this review has given you the opportunity to choose the perfect video editing tool.
There are no rules. However, it’s always best to choose software based on key features that you need, pricing, and the pros and cons.
What is your budget and what are you looking for in video editing software? You need to be sure about these to make smarter choices.
Here are my recommendations for top video editing software.
- Adobe Premiere Pro – best video editing software for Windows/PC
- Final Cut Pro – best video editing software for Mac
- Adobe Premiere Elements – best video editing tool for Beginners
- ScreenFlow – best for screen capture
- Wondershare Filmora – best simple online video editor for Windows and Mac
Now it’s your turn to contribute:
Do you have any particular video editing software you want to use?
Do you already use video editing software covered (or not covered) here?
Either way, let me know in the comment below right now.