This is the complete guide to the best NFT marketplaces of 2023.
Believe it or not, NFTs or Non-Fungible Tokens have come to stay. Big brands like Nike, NBA, and even TikTok have embraced this technology.
OpenSea, SuperRare, MakersPlace, and Binance NFT marketplaces allow you to buy, sell, and collect exclusive digital arts and NFTs.
There are other trusted NFT marketplaces with exclusive digital arts as well. I’ll reveal all of them to you here.
This guide will show you:
- What the best NFT marketplaces are
- What an NFT marketplace is
- What to consider when choosing an NFT marketplace
- My final recommendation on the top NFT marketplaces
- And lots more…
So if you’re ready to profit from non-fungible tokens, this guide is for you.
Let’s dive right in.
What Are The Best NFT Marketplaces?
Here are my top picks for the best NFT marketplaces of 2023:
- Nifty Gateway
- NBA Top Shot Marketplace
- Axie Infinity
- Binance NFT Marketplace
- Async Art
- CryptoPunks/Larva Labs
- Coinbase NFT Marketplace
- Crypto.com NFT Marketplace
Alright, let’s dive right in. Here’s a breakdown of the 19 best NFT marketplaces of 2023:
Best overall NFT platform
OpenSea is easy to get use. All you need is a Metamask wallet and an account on the OpenSea platform. Then, you can start buying and selling NFTs.
Once you’ve completed your purchase, you’ll need to verify the transaction details.
You’ll be asked to enter your private key and seed phrase. From there, you can view all of the assets you’ve purchased.
After confirming the purchase, you’ll have to enter your ETH to pay for the item.
- Earn ETH with OpenSea Rewards
- Track the rankings of NFT projects
- Buy on NFTs
- Hide your NFT from the profile
- Like and Upvote and NFT to make it more popular
- A huge collection of newly dropped and existing projects
- Browse NFT collections by different categories (Art, Collectibles, Music, Sports, Virtual Worlds)
- A clean user interface
- No gas fees with the new Collection Manager feature
- Easy to create your own NFTs
- Pick royalties up to 10%
- Check your listings on the go with the iOS mobile app
- Low Royalties compared to the Rarible marketplace
- No support for fiat currency such as USD
OpenSea Fee Structure
Best NFT marketplace for exclusive art NFTs
SuperRare is an exclusive marketplace and specializes in art-oriented NFTs.
While it doesn’t list digital gaming assets, music, or domains, itt does feature a range of artistic digital arts.
The website started out as a high-end art gallery that listed exclusive NFT collections.
However, as it continued to grow, it began to transition into a decentralized autonomous organization that includes prominent investors.
- Collect and Trade NFTs
- Curate single-edition digital arts
- Features Exhibitions, Projects, and Special releases
- Artworks created by trusted artists
- Digital tokenized arts
- Easy to navigate and use for beginners
- Offers buying system option
- It’s so easy to create rare digital tokenized art
- High royalties for artists and creators
- A marketplace to buy NFTs from top artists
- It accepts only ETH as payment option
- Gas fees can be high on the Ethereum network
Commission fee on sold NFT
Best all-in-one NFT marketplace
The Rarible NFT marketplace is an online auction site where users can place bids on NFTs. To bid, a user enters a quantity, then submits the bid.
To make payments, a user must connect to his or her existing wallet. The wallet can be either Coinbase, MyEtherWallet, Torus, Portis, Wallet Connect, or Fortmatic.
After the payment is processed, the user receives a Rari token.
The Rari token is given to NFT sellers and buyers as compensation for their services, as well as giving them voting rights and other powers.
- NFT art collections
- Search for NFTs via categories (games, photography, memes)
- Set fixed sale price or use auction
- Mint NFTs
- NFT Royalties for artists
- Profit from future royalties (up to 50%)
- It’s easy to create and sell NFTs
- Use Native token to support the platform
- Benefit from a non-custodial NFT marketplace
- No mobile app
- Commissions and fees are a bit high compared to some competitors.
Rarible Fees: A Breakdown
Best NFT marketplace with eCommerce features
Mintable is a digital items marketplace to sell blockchain items.
The Mintable NFT marketplace is a new type of cryptographic marketplace where you can sell and buy NFTs.
The process of creating an item on Mintable is quick and easy, which makes it a standout among its competitors.
You simply sign in to Mintable, create an account, list your item, and then begin marketing.
You can then sell it and make a profit!
Once you have a small collection, you can sell it on the Mintable NFT marketplace for a small fee.
- Royalties percentage for artists
- NFT Live updates
- Social timeline
- Rarity meter and attributes filter
- Search by wallet address
- Free and easy-to-use platform
- Anyone can create or buy an NFT (no experienced is required)
- Easily buy, sell and create NFTs
- Enjoy free listings on the site
- Not too many crypto wallets can be used
- Higher transaction fees compared to Rarible
5. Nifty Gateway
Best marketplace for curated NFTs
Nifty Gateway lets you buy and sell NFTs directly from the Ethereum network.
Besides buying and selling digital items, the NFT marketplace also offers a variety of other services that can help investors make money.
The platform offers an online silent auction.
This is a blind bidding system that help users sell their NFTs to people from all over the world, and global offers, whereby buyers and sellers can exchange digital assets.
Nifty Gateway is a trusted source for investors, since it is owned and operated by a company backed by Winklevoss Twins.
- Buy and sell NFTs
- Discover NFT collections
- Price graph for collectors
- Top NFTs ranking
- Ethereum wallet
- Discover NFTs from reputable artists
- An easy-to-use marketplace for beginners
- Buy NFT projects with a credit card
- Save up to 75% on gas fees
- Popular artists are mostly accepted
- No built-in digital wallet
Nifty Gateway Fees at a Glance
5% of the sale price (+ $0.30 to cover transaction fees)
0% (Nifty Gateways covers this)
Best NFT marketplace for beginners
MakersPlace is the premier NFT platform to discover, collect and invest in truly rare and authentic digital artworks, by the world’s leading artists and creators.
There are two ways to sell your NFTs on the MakersPlace NFT marketplace. You can choose to offer a fixed price for your NFT and accept offers below that price.
This is a great option for people who want to create a limited edition of their creations, but would rather sell them for a lower price.
The other way is to make a mint of your own NFTs and sell them on the NFT marketplace.
- Discover and collect rare digital artworks
- NFT gallery view
- Search filter to find a project you want
- Improved Creator Controls
- Activity feed and NFT history
- Users can view transactions through a visual interface
- It’s user-friendly and fun to use
- Quickly find digital collectibles with few clicks
- Gain access to featured collections of Bored Ape and LOSTPOETS
- The platform isn’t open to everyone
- Collectors pay a fee before receiving their purchases
7. NBA Top Shot Marketplace
Best NFT marketplace for NBA fans to buy moments
NBA Top Shot is a marketplace to buy and sell Moments in the form of NFTs. Collectors can sell their unwanted Moments and use the cash to buy more.
The website also has an active Discord community for the game, so users can discuss the latest updates.
Purchasing and selling Moments through the marketplace will ensure that the player gets the best price possible.
Here’s one tip buyers and sellers should keep in mind: Never pay more than you can afford for a certain moment.
- Collect specific game highlights as NFT
- Discover new “Moments.”
- Search NBA Moments by players, Teams, and Sets
- An active Discord community
- Discover exclusive NFTs by players, teams, and sets
- It uses Flow as the native Blockchain (lower fees)
- A reputable and successful NFT collectible
- Discover new drops every other day
- It doesn’t support different cryptocurrencies
- Users must verify identities to use NBA TopShot (it’s a bit stressful)
NBA Top Shot Marketplace Fees Overview
5.2632% of the purchase price, plus a flat $0.30 for each purchase
A better marketplace for exclusive digital arts
Foundation is an NFT marketplace, giving creators, artists, and investors the chance to discover exclusive arts and profit from NFTs.
This platform is a cryptocurrency exchange for NFTs. It allows users to purchase and sell these tokens in the foundation ecosystem.
Creators must first get invited by the Foundation. After the invitation, they must mint NFTs and list them on the marketplace.
They will receive 85% of the overall sale amount.
- List and sell NFTs
- Built on the Ethereum blockchain
- A hub for artists, curators, and collectors
- Expore NFTs as they drop
- Trending auctions
- It runs on the Ethereum blockchain (which makes it popular)
- Join a community of NFT creators and collectors
- Transfer NFTs to another related blockchain with ease
- Easily buy and sell NFTs at true cost
- Selling on the platform requires a service fee
- Users must verify identities to use it (it’s a bit stressful)
- You must be invited before you can mint NFTs
15% (charged to the final sale price)
Creator percentage cut
85% of the final sale price
9. Axie Infinity
Best NFT platform for gamers
Axie Infinity is a simplified NFT marketplace, a great place to buy and sell the native token in the Axie infinity gaming universe. In short, it’s an NFT-based video game.
Anyone can buy and sell the game’s digital assets.
There are several ways to purchase the Axies, including direct purchases or by placing limit orders on major exchanges.
The Axie Infinity NFT is a type of ICO and is backed by a popular video game, making it a great investment option for those who are interested in the potential of the game.
- Play-to-Earn Rewards
- Battle (a turn-based card game)
- Breeding, land, and NFT marketplace
- Axie NFT traits
- Trade your Axies for another NFT
- Constantly evolving gameplay
- It’s a legitimate play-to-earn game based on NFT tech.
- Get fair market price for the cryptocurrencies
- Early adopters can benefit a lot as the game evolves
- Anxies are prone to overvaluation
- Due to crypto volatility, investing real money in the game may not yield results
Axie Infinity Fee Structure
Find the updated fees here.
First-ever virtual world platform with an NFT marketplace
Decentraland is the first-ever virtual world platform that now offers an NFT marketplace.
Users can play games and earn NFTs through various means. This kind of market is fast gaining popularity in the crypto space, as it is a huge revenue generator.
The platform also offers services to its users for buying, selling, and exchanging NFTs.
The first major feature of the NFT marketplace is its currency. The NFTs traded on the Decentraland NFT exchange are not fungible and can only be purchased in the virtual world.
This marketplace is integrated with the Ethereum blockchain, which has gas fees associated with every transaction.
- User-owned, Ethereum-based virtual world
- Play and explore games
- Buy parcels of land
- Build virtual marketplaces and apps
- Buy and trade NFTs
- It’s easy to use, considering virtual lands are a new trend
- NFTs can be auctioned and land can be sold for MANA
- Decentraland tokens have a wide application use cases
- It’s open to anyone
- Lack of interaction between users in the virtual world
- The terrain in Decentraland lacks variation
Decentraland Exchange Fees
Best for earning NFT rewards
BakerySwap is an all-in-one DeFi marketplace, which offers both AMM and NFT opportunities in one central dashboard.
Users to earn BAKE, a fungible token, in exchange for selling their non-fungible assets in the NFT supermarket.
These NFTs are held by the user and can be sold on any other NFT marketplace.
The current list includes the Binance NFTs, the DOGE token, and the Musk & DOGE.
The Battle category features unique crypto coins, which can be bought and sold for real-world value.
The BakerySwap NFT Marketplace is an automated market maker that works on the Binance Smart Chain.
- Built on the Binance Smart Chain
- A decentralized exchange (DEX)
- Stake and Bake
- Create unique NFT combos
- Get rewarded with NFT pets
- An easy-to-use swap Dapp
- Diverse NFT projects
- Great online support
- It’s linked to BNB
- Tokens can be burned if necessary
- Bears go lower than PancakeSwap
- Connecting to a wallet is often laggy
BAKE token purchase fee
Interest ratesTransaction fee
12. Binance NFT Marketplace
Best NFT platform to find exclusive mystery box
The Binance NFT Marketplace features a wide variety of NFTs in numerous categories.
There are also premium offerings for those looking to get their hands on high-end items. The State Hermitage Museum announced its first ever NFT auction collection on the platform.
Popular artists include Krista Kim, Ali Sabet, Kefan404, Palm Instinct, Josebe Elorza, and many more.
In addition to these, the Binance NFT Marketplace offers a weekly curated list of events.
The Binance NFT Marketplace has recently launched a mystery box collection for the Highstreet Initial Home Offering (IHO).
- Buy exclusive NFTs
- Mint NFTs and sell on the platform
- Premium NFT artworks by leading artists
- Mystery Boxes
- Iron-clad security powered by Binance
- A trusted platform to buy NFTs
- Sell digital arts
- Deposit crypto for free
- It uses the Ethereum blockchain (fast and reliable)
- Higher fees compared to some NFT marketplaces
- Navigating the larger Binance ecosystem my feel daunting
- Minting permissions are more restrictive for NFT creators
Binance NFT Marketplace Fees Overview
1% flat fee for both sellers and creators
Binance is the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange. Their vision is to increase the freedom of money globally. They believe that by spreading this freedom, they can significantly improve lives around the world
13. Async Art
Best marketplace for interactive NFTs
Async Art is a new kind of NFT marketplace that lets users sell digital artworks and other goods for a fee.
It allows private and secondary sales of the custom NFT art and products. Async Music is a unique kind of music that uses layered programming.
The artists are able to keep their royalties when their work is sold on the secondary market.
The Async Art NFT Marketplace offers a simple interface to browse and buy art from other users.
There are no minimum and maximum purchase prices, and buyers can bid on a piece based on its price, reserve price, or other criteria.
- Create and Trade Programmable Artworks
- An active community of artists and collectors
- Top-notch security
- Change visual elements of your artwork
- An easy-to-use interactive NFT marketplace
- Supports ERC-721s
- Artists are welcome on the platform
- Art curation made easy
- One of Ones (Masters and Layers)
- Not decentralized
- Low royalties (starting at 10%)
- High fees (10% primary sale fee, 1% secondary)
Async Art Fees
NFT sale fee
A better NFT marketplace for established artists
KnownOrigin is a new, reserved NFT creator platform that focuses on digital artwork.
The centralized marketplace has a diverse list of artists and is widely known for exclusive drops.
The unique feature of this site is that you can purchase a limited number of NFTs only during the drop period.
That way, you can ensure you will always be the first to own a piece of artwork that has been created by a famous NFT artist.
KnownOrigin uses Ethereum for its minting process. The platform supports collaborative efforts and aims to make secondary sales transparent.
- Primary NFT marketplace
- Secondary NFT collectibles
- A Discord community to interact with
- Search, Discover, and Explore NFTs
- Connect popular digital wallets
- It’s an artist-based NFT platform
- The fee structure is fair for both new and existing artists
- Single and multiple digital art editions can be promoted
- Access to the platform is hard
- Gas fee is high (since it’s integrated into the Ethereum network)
Secondary sale commission
Best open source NFT marketplace for developers
Zora is an open-source platform for selling NFTs.
The system is based on blockchain technology and allows users to sell and buy tokens without having to deal with an intermediary.
To sell and purchase NFT, you must first set up a digital wallet and fund it with stablecoins, which are digital versions of the US dollar.
You can fund your wallet using Coinbase or a credit card.
To create a token, the creator creates a blockchain-based crypto-token prior to selling the product.
- Search the metaverse
- Connect digital wallets
- Explore unique NFT arts
- Open Source tools for Developers
- No service fee
- Easy to use for beginners and expert NFT collectors
- Smart contracts are used for transactions
- High-level security
- Best for beginners
- Fewer digital art collectors
- low royalties for artists (at 10%)
- Only supports crypto as its mode of payment
Zora Fees: A Breakdown
Average price of Zora
all-time average price of Zora is 5.730 ETH (₱0)
16. CryptoPunks / Larva Labs
Best for unique CryptoPunk characters
CryptoPunks are 10,000 uniquely generated art characters.
No two are exactly alike, and character can only be officially owned by one single person on the Ethereum blockchain.
The site’s decentralized, fully customizable interface is fully customizable and scalable.
A number of features to help buyers and sellers, including a StoreFront feature for saving their bidding and information, Token Search, and Advanced Listings, which allow users to list any crypto token.
In the past few years, the cryptocurrency CryptoPunks has become very popular, and has made appearances on OpenSea.
The CryptoPunks NFT marketplace is built on the Ethereum blockchain and wraps crypto punks in ERC-721 tokens.
- Integration with the Ethereum blockchain
- 10,000 tokenized unique characters
- Supports the MetaMask wallet
- Explore new CryptoPunks projects
- It’s compatible with the popular MetaMask wallet
- Discover unique characters that have sold for $1 million+
- A trusted and high-value NFT collection
- Every NFT collector recognizes the value of Cryptopunks
- All transactions are limited to ETH
- These NFT collections can be purchased via PayPal or credit cards
- Higher Ethereum-based gas fees
CryptoPunks/Larva Labs Fees: A Breakdown
Average price of CryptoPunks
$350,000 to $500,000
Number of sales
10,000 (last 12 onths)
Best for beginners and established NFT collectors
Solanart is a unique marketplace to dsicover, collect, and trade NFTs.
It has a simple interface for buying and selling NFTs. To sell your NFTs, you simply log in with your Solanart account and go through the payment process.
Once you’ve submitted your work, you’ll have to confirm your purchase.
Once you’re done, you’ll be able to see your payments in a few seconds. A reputable site should accept your work within minutes.
If you have any questions, you can join the Discord server and ask a question.
A representative from the Solanart team will answer your questions and resolve any technical problems.
- Discover digital collectibles
- Buy and Sell NFTs
- Uses the native Solana (SOL) token
- An intuitive user interface
- Fast transactions and low fees
- Low environmental impact compared to the Binance NFT
- Buy SOL and send it to your wallet with ease
- Stake Solana (SOL) for huge rewards
- Fewer NFT projects are available
- Inflation may affect the collections
Solanart Fees: A Breakdown
18. Coinbase NFT Marketplace
Best NFT platform for entrepreneurs
Coinbase NFT will offer a peer-to-peer marketplace to simplify the process of minting, purchasing, and discovering non-fungible tokens and digital arts.
Although the company has not yet publicly announced when it plans to launch its Coinbase NFT marketplace.
But, if you’re interested in purchasing coins and securing a portion of the transaction, you may want to sign up on the waiting list.
Coinbase has partnered with Mastercard to launch the Coinbase NFT marketplace. The partnership will give users more options for discovering, buying, and selling digital arts.
- Peer-to-Peer NFT features
- Buy and Sell NFTs
- Save on fees with Coinbase native utility token (NUT)
- Expore exclusive digital artworks and collectibles
- It should be easy to use
- It’ll be integrated into the Coinbase ecosystem
- A peer-to-peer marketplace will make it exciting
- Higher fees may apply
- It may not be ideal for beginners
Coinbase NFT Marketplace Fees: A Breakdown
Coinbase is a crypto exchange platform where you can buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and many other cryptocurrencies, through your bank account, credit cards, or PayPal account.
19. Crypto.com NFT Marketplace
Best for exclusive digital collectibles and NFTs
Crypto.com NFT provides a highly-curated marketplace where you can find digital collectibles and non-fungible tokens. You can buy and sell them with ease.
The NFT Marketplace is an online platform that enables buyers and sellers to exchange their digital tokens.
Users can buy and sell NFTs by using their wallets loaded with payment tokens.
The process of purchasing NFTs can be completed through bids or fixed prices. If you do not have cryptocurrency, you can purchase art via a debit or credit card.
Buying art with a debit or credit card allows you to avoid the transaction costs of a cryptocurrency wallet.
- Debit and credit cards are accepted
- Offers 6 categories of NFTs
- Zero transaction fees
- A huge community of 10 million+ collectors
- An intuitive interface that’s easy to use
- Easily buy NFTs with Debit/Credit cards
- No transaction fees
- Users must connect to the Crypto.com app to access its NFT marketplace
- It’s relatively new (not enough trust)
Crypto.com NFT Marketplace Fees: A Breakdown
Crypto.com is a cryptocurrency exchange that supports trading, investing, staking, wallets, NFTs, and more. Founded in 2016, today it serves over 10 million customers with the world’s fastest growing crypto platform.
What is an NFT Marketplace?
An NFT marketplace is a platform where users can buy, sell, and discover digital items, crypto-collectibles, and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
According to Fortunly, an estimated 250,000 people trade NFTs each month on OpenSea.
Take a look at the sheer volume of weekly cryptocurrency transactions sent to these NFT platforms.
Imagine the millions of artists, creators, and collectors who buy, sell, trade, and explore NFT projects across the best NFT marketplaces.
While OpenSea seems to be the most popular and arguably the first NFT marketplace, there are many platforms with unique features for both beginners and experienced NFT artists and investors.
The best NFT marketplaces have become very useful for digital collectors.
The era of falsified collectibles and arts is gradually being replaced by NFT via smart contracts.
It’s now easier than ever to prove ownership of a crypto asset, an art, or some form of collectible.
All NFT marketplaces process transactions through a blockchain.
The most popular is the Ethereum blockchain, which powers almost all trusted NFT platforms.
What to Look for When Considering The Best NFT Marketplace
The NFT hype is at its highest right now. With so much noise already on social media networks like Twitter and YouTube, you have to be careful with your decisions.
Here are the 5 factors to consider when choosing an NFT marketplace:
1. Ease of Use
You might want to consider an NFT marketplace that’s easy to use, regardless of your experience.
Also, a reputable marketplace makes provision and provides support for multiple NFT wallets. Beginners should be able to connect and use their wallets when buying NFTs
2. Single vs. Multiple Projects
The flexibility of an NFT marketplace is really important. There are marketplaces that only support a single NFT project, such as Axie Infinity, Mobox, CryptoPunks, and NBA Top Shot.
These NFT marketplaces tend to charge lower fees.
If you’re interested in NFT marketplaces that allow multiple projects at once, you should definitely head to OpenSea, Salanart, SuperRare, LooksRare, and BloctoBay.
Note: If you want to reduce the gas fees you pay with an NFT marketplace, you might want to look for platforms with private blockchain networks, and avoid those on the Ethereum blockchain – which charges higher fees.
3. Marketplace Ratings
When you’re ready to buy an NFT, it makes sense to read some reviews and other people’s experiences about a particular platform.
This helps you to make better decisions, especially if you plan to spend a lot of money on crypto collectibles and arts.
4. A Learning Resource
An important factor to consider when choosing an NFT marketplace is the learning resource.
They should provide complete information on how Non-Fungible Tokens work, which NFTs can be purchased, price charts of each NFT, holders, trading history, etc.
Security is the key when it comes to using any NFT marketplace. A marketplace should be able to protect the artists, creators, and buyers.
Advanced encryption of private keys is crucial, and the ability to verify identity is all-important for security.
NFT Marketplace – FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions about Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) marketplaces:
Best NFT Marketplaces – Summary
Did you benefit from going through this ultimate comparison review of the best NFT marketplaces?
NFT marketplaces have simplified how we buy and sell digital arts, collectibles, and arts.
But you may not really know which NFT marketplace will help you make more money from this new business model, powered by Blockchain technology.
Here are my final recommendations:
- OpenSea: Best overall NFT marketplace
- SuperRare: Best for exclusive art NFTs
- Rarible: Best all-in-one platform
- Mintable: Best option with eCommerce features
- Nifty Gateway: Best for curated NFTs
Now it’s your turn.
What NFT marketplace do you want to use?
Did I miss out on your favorite NFT marketplace here?
Either way, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment.
Further reading on navidm.com: To dive deeper into the world of cryptocurrency, you can check out my in-depth guides to the best crypto exchanges, best crypto lending platforms, the best crypto interest accounts, best crypto portfolio trackers, as well as the best crypto tax software.