Are you ready to increase sales and nurture happier customers?
All you need is the right CRM software that will help you take care of everything — from managing contacts to following up with your customers and closing sales.
CRM solutions are no longer an afterthought. The demand is huge and companies consider it to be a critical consideration for achieving business success. It’s projected to reach a market size of $113.5 billion by 2027.
If you choose the best CRM software, you can maximize your revenue with less stress.
This is the ultimate guide to the best CRM platforms that are easy to use, integrate with 100s of your favorite platforms & apps, and templates to get you started.
The majority of these CRM software tools come with free trials and affordable plans. Pipedrive, Close CRM, Freshsales, Monday.com, and HubSpot CRM are great examples.
In this guide, you’ll discover:
- What the best CRM software platforms are
- What CRM software really is
- What to consider when choosing CRM software
- How to avoid wasting ‘money’ on CRM platforms that lack essential features
- The benefits of using CRM software to capture, engage, and grow your sales
- And lots more…
If you’re ready, let’s dive right in.
What Are The Best CRM Software?
Here are my top picks for the best CRM software of 2023:
- Pipedrive – Best CRM Software Overall
- HubSpot CRM –
- Freshsales (Freshworks CRM)
- Zoho CRM
- Keap (formerly Infusionsoft)
- Pipeline CRM (formerly PipelineDeals)
- NetHunt CRM
- Streak CRM for Gmail
- Close CRM
- Agile CRM
Alright, let’s dive right in. Here’s a breakdown of the 21 best CRM software:
Best CRM software overall
Pipedrive is an all-in-one CRM designed for salespeople. When you’re implementing marketing automation, you’ll want to ensure your data is as organized as possible.
It’s easy to fall behind in your efforts if you don’t have a way to organize your data.
A disorganized system can lead to lost leads and inadequate website optimization.
This can be especially frustrating if you have a limited budget. Thankfully, Pipedrive makes it easy to organize your data.
- Lead and pipeline management
- Simple data import and easy customization
- Full email sync with templates and scheduling
- Workflow builder and triggered automation
- One-click calling and call tracking
- User-friendly and intuitive dashboard
- Easily track deals, values, and close sales
- Create designs with easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor
- Track recurring revenue with custom reports
- Identify and use insights from sales calls, emails, and demos
- Improve sales support with AI assistant
- Downloading leads is a little cumbersome. With limit support small accounts, it’s hard to get someone to help you.
- The reporting is limited (retention rates and other key metrics are not reported).
Pipedrive has 4 plans with flexible pricing to meet your needs.
- Essential ($15/user/month): This Starter plan allows lead, deal, calendar, and pipeline management, 275+ integrations, data import, etc.
- Advanced ($29/user/month): Everything in Essential Plan, plus group emailing, workflow builder, full email sync, etc.
- Professional ($59/user/month): Everything in Advanced Plan, plus one-click calling and call tracking, eSign documents and contracts, revenue projections, and more.
- Enterprise ($119/user/month): Get unlimited user permission, security preferences, no feature usage limits, etc.
Note: You can save up to 17% when you pay annually. Pipderive also comes with a 14-day free trial to get you started at no upfront cost.
2. HubSpot CRM
Best free CRM Software
HubSpot CRM is a powerful sales and marketing tool to grow your business.
When properly integrated into your sales and customer management processes, HubSpot CRM makes it easy to create a custom customer record from the initial contact with your business till they convert.
This software helps you store and track your customer information and makes it accessible with a single click.
You can easily import existing databases to your new HubSpot CRM. You can add deals, contacts, and companies and map out their fields.
You can also manage 1-to-1 communications at a scale and use the conversations tool to follow up with customers.
- View your sales pipeline in real-time
- A clean, visual dashboard
- Manage unlimited users, up to 1,000,000 contacts
- Integrate with 1,000+ apps
- Multi-touch revenue attribution
- Free CRM with essential features to manage your contacts with ease
- HubSpot CRM is easy-to-use and intuitive at best
- Track your sales pipeline in real-time, via a visual dashboard
- You can close more deals with less work
- Schedule meetings for free, set up a live chat, and use email templates for free.
- HubSpot CRM is not as ‘configurable’ as some CRM tools like Zoho CRM
- The free version has limited features for larger businesses and teams
HubSpot CRM comes with 3 CRM Suite Packages and Pricing:
- Starter ($50/month or $45/month billed yearly): This plan gives you sales, customer service, operations software, CMS, and essential marketing tools. It’s limited to 2 paid users.
- Professional $1,780/month or $1,600/month billed yearly): Get advanced marketing, sales, CMS, customer service, and operations software, plus 5 paid users, and more.
- Enterprise ($5,000/month billed yearly): Everything in Professional plan, plus 10,000 contacts, 10 paid users, CMS hub enterprise, and more.
3. Freshsales (formerly Freshworks CRM)
Best sales CRM for businesses
Freshsales allows you to create and send automated email messages to your prospects.
It also offers a 2-way syncing with your email address. You can also create and forward leads directly from your sales email.
Unlike traditional CRM solutions, Freshsales allows you to automate several routine tasks.
Workflows are built into the software and can be configured to trigger certain actions based on conditions.
- Close deals faster with a 360-degree view of your customers
- Streamline your sales process to get better results
- Reduce IT complexity and cost
- Focus on the best leads with Predictive Contact Scoring
- Communicate better across channels – Phone, Email, Chat, and SMS
- Access complete customer information with 360-degree sales tools
- AI-powered lead scoring and lead management
- An intuitive mobile app to track and follow up with customers on the go
- Easily integrate with a wide array of third-party apps
- Intelligent predictive and real-time insights
- Larger businesses with huge contact lists will require higher packages that allow unlimited contacts
- Billing is based on the number of users, which means that the cost can add up for larger teams
Here’s a breakdown of Freshsales’ pricing and plans:
- Free ($0/user/month): Get started with built-in chat, email, and phone, contact & account management, contact lifecycle stages, and more.
- Growth ($18/user/month or $15/user/month billed yearly): This plan is ideal for growing sales teams. Key features include visual sales pipeline, sales sequences, 2,000 Bot, and more.
- Pro ($47/user/month or $39/user/month billed yearly): Every feature in Growth, plus multiple sales pipelines, time-based workflows, 3,000 Bot, and more.
- Enterprise ($83/user/month or $69/user/month billed yearly): Everything in Pro, plus custom modules, audit logs, 5,000 Bot, and more.
Freshsales (formerly Freshworks CRM) is a powerful CRM software for eCommerce that helps you understand customer behavior, prioritize the best sales leads, boost engagement, and drive conversions using AI-powered contact and deal insights.
Best sales CRM with automation
ActiveCampaign CRM combines email marketing automation and sales CRM to help you manage your customer list and grow sales.
This tool helps you create and manage customer relationships.
Its powerful customer data allows you to conduct detailed analytics and reporting.
You can also run complex multi-step marketing campaigns. It is also affordable, with one of the lowest monthly fees in the CRM industry.
Its easy-to-use interface makes it easy for any user to navigate and learn.
You can even send automated messages through the site or by email.
- Automated contact management
- Track customer interaction at every stage of the sales cycle
- Lead scoring: Focus on leads with the potential to become customers
- Connect with Gmail, Outlook, and other email providers to track opens and replies
- Feed your CRM the most up-to-date customer data
- Create and manage tasks, make calls, update deals with CRM for iOS app
- An intutive drag-and-drop builder with powerful CRM tools
- Customization of fields is very user friendly and intuitive
- Manage your contacts in a central platform (stay organized)
- Easily keep track of leads from the initial contact to conversion
- Easily score leads and focus on leads with potentials to convert
- Notify your sales team with automated sequences
- The site can sometimes be quite slow
- Tasks cannot be automated outside of deals
- Tags seem to randomly malfunction when sending campaigns
ActiveCampaign’s pricing is based on how many contacts you have. There are features for B2C, B2B, and Enterprise. This pricing breakdown (with B2B features) is based on 500 contacts:
- Lite ($15/month or $9/month paid yearly): Import leads from anywhere, sales emails, segmented outreach, lead capture forms, etc.
- Plus ($70/month or $49/month paid yearly): Sales automation, multiple pipelines in the CRM, customizable sales pipelines, lead scoring, plus everything in Lite plan.
- Professional ($187/month or $149/month paid yearly): Everything in Plus plan, plus sales engagement automation, win probability, conversion reporting, etc.
- Enterprise ($323/month or $259/month paid yearly): Everything in Professional plan, plus custom sales reporting, contact enrichment, and custom objects.
Best all-in-one sales CRM software
Monday CRM helps you to manage projects, leads, and budgets with ease. You can also track teams and automate follow-ups.
You can keep track of all client activity, including emails, calls, meetings, and demos.
This tool is easy to use and integrates with many other tools, including Gmail and Outlook.
You can assign leads to different departments automatically and create automation to assign and qualify leads.
Besides these, Monday CRM also lets you create custom forms and export them to your email client.
- Stay organized with your leads and customers
- Customizable dashboards show an overview of your progress
- Build your workflow with Monday.com building blocks
- Manage your leads and close deals
- Post-sales management and customer support
- Access 360-degree customer information
- Easy to set up and user-friendly interface
- Excellent and responsive customer support
- Stay organized and get more done with project management tools
- Powerful integrations with your favorite tools (including ActiveCampaign)
- There’s no chat function for team members to interact with
- It requires a learning curve to create your own workflows (for the first time)
- The mobile version of Monday.com sometimes gets slow, which may cause the screen to freeze for a few seconds
Monday.com uses 3 seats as the minimum benchmark for all its paid plans. Here’s a breakdown:
- Individual ($0/free forever): Getting started already? Use this free plan with unlimited plans, unlimited docs, and more. Up to 2 seats allowed.
- Basic ($6/seat/month billed annually): Manage all your teams’ work in one place, with unlimited items, unlimited free viewers, etc.
- Pro ($22/seat/month billed annually): It’s time to run your teams’ complex workflows, create private boards and docs, chart view, and more.
- Enterprise: You’re expected to contact the sales support to get a custom quote. This plan is ideal if your organization is seeking enterprise-grade features.
Note: You’re saving 18% with this annual payment. If you opt to pay monthly instead, expect to pay more.
Monday.com is a powerful project management system – a complete Work OS designed to help your team complete projects efficiently, collaborate effectively, and grow online. It provides you with all the tools and features (the drill, the screws, and the picture hangers) you need to deliver great products and projects.
Best CRM app for project management
ClickUp CRM is a software system that allows you to track, manage, and share information between all departments within your company.
It also helps you stay organized in projects, processes, meetings, and documentation.
ClickUp offers many features that can help you manage your customer relationships.
It provides tracking and data visualization, as well as email integration.
You can use it to communicate with colleagues, communicate with clients, and manage projects more efficiently.
- Sales pipelines management
- Account and contact management
- Communication tools to streamline sales
- Work smarter with clients with real-time chat
- Centralize customer outreach: Every task from a single hub
- A robust and easy-to-understand dashboard
- Clean, intuitive user interface
- Clever project management features, functionality, and implementation
- Easily create spaces or folders to manage contacts and files
- You can integrate with 100s of apps
- Plan projects and execute tasks quickly
- Customizing the dashboard can be a little easier and more intuitive
- It requires a high learning curve. More hands-on demo videos will be great
- Free ($0/free forever): 100MB storage, unlimited tasks, unlimited members, and more.
- Unlimited ($9/member/month): Best plan for small teams, unlimited storage, unlimited integrations, form view, etc.
- Business ($19/member/month): Mid-sized teams can benefit from this plan. Get Google SSO, unlimited teams, custom exporting, etc.
- Business Plus ($29/member/month): Multiple teams can use this plan for team sharing, subtasks in multiple lists, custom role creation, etc.
- Enterprise: Contact sales to get a custom quote. Get every feature that ClickUp has to offer.
Note: With ClickUp, you save 45% when you pay annually. Get started with the free-forever plan to test the software before upgrading.
7. Zoho CRM
Best top-rated sales CRM by customers
Zoho CRM is a sales automation tool that can increase efficiency.
Use it to automate email templates, call logging, activity tracking, and workflow alerts, and reduce learning time for new team members.
It can also help gather business intelligence from marketing campaigns and trace leads.
Zoho CRM can integrate with other apps. The integration with Mailchimp, Shopify, DocuSign, and 50+ third-party apps gives you a comprehensive view of your customer base.
Its centralized platform makes it easy to track sales and customer activity across channels and departments.
- Automate routine sales, marketing, and support functions
- Create optimized workflows to reduce manual data entry
- Customize with ease using the Zoho CRM drag-and-drop editor
- Bring your offline sales processes into your CRM
- Get notified when someone interacts with your brand (via email, telephone, and social)
- It’s highly customizable
- The free plan accomodates 3 users (great for a small team)
- You can import and expert customer data with ease
- Omnichannel customer support via email, live chat, social media, and most importantly phone
- Get a complete picture of all deals in the pipeline
- Access accurate estimate of revenue projections on a monthly basis
- Dashboard could be cleaner and more user-friendly
- You can’t filter by unique record, this leads to duplicate fields
- The built-in telephony system can be more intuitive to use
Zoho CRM has 4 paid plans with a flexible pricing. Let’s take a look at the summary:
- STANDARD ($18/user/month): Scoring rules, workflows, multiple pipelines, mass email, etc.
- PROFESSIONAL ($30/user/month): Everything in Standard, plus SalesSignals, Blueprint, Web-to-Case forms, and more.
- ENTERPRISE ($45/user/month): Everything in Professional, plus Zia AI, CommandCenter, Multi-user Portals, Advanced Customization, etc.
- ULTIMATE ($55/user/month): Every feature in Enterprise, plus enhanced featured limits, 30-day trial, canvas, and advanced BI – bundled with Zoho analytics.
Note: Save up to 34% of the total cost when you pay yearly.
Best all-purpose CRM solution
Gist is an all-in-one CRM solution for creating and delivering personalized customer experiences.
It helps businesses qualify leads, convert visitors to customers, and retain them at scale.
As an integrated solution, Gist automatically adds contacts from ActiveCampaign to its database, and updates contact information when events occur.
Once integrated with ActiveCampaign, it offers a complete customer management experience.
- Capture leads and drive sales consistently
- Turn visitors into leads with forms, chatbots, and meetings
- Engage your audience: Email marketing, marketing automation, event tracking
- Schedule sales meetings 24/7
- Send targeted emails to your leads
- The live chat is easy to use for lead generation (it also support many languages)
- An intuitive email marketing tool to follow-up with leads
- It’s easy to set up with WordPress
- Easy creation of opt-in forms to capture and grow your list
- Audience segmentation is easy with the CRM module with offers contact information
- The drag-and-drop editor could be more intuitive to use
- Knowledgebase could be refined and optimized for beginners to find exactly what they’re looking for
- Use of webhooks isn’t allowed on the free plan. You must upgrade to access it (which increases the cost)
Gist offers a free-forever plan + 2 paid plans:
- Free Forever ($0/month): 2 support seats included, live chat, team inbox, etc.
- Professional ($29/month): 5 support seats included, inbound email, Facebook integration, Twitter integration, plus everything in the free plan.
- Premium ($99/month): Get unlimited support seats, work smarter with bots and automation, live view, automated meeting scheduling, and more.
Gist is an all-in-one suite of tools helping businesses grow their customer base and support those customers. There’s email marketing, live chat, calendar scheduling, and more!
9. Keap (formerly Infusionsoft)
Best CRM, sales, and marketing CRM
Keap is a sales, marketing, and customer service CRM platform. It comes with several features, including the tasks feature that allows marketers to visually design marketing campaigns.
When a prospect requests information, Keap sends out a series of emails. The system also allows users to create customized quotes, which will be sent to the prospects.
This is the most useful feature of Keap CRM. Its sales process is based on stages, and you can move leads through different stages.
For example, if you’re selling a service, you can set up a lead in Keap and share the link with your customers to book an appointment.
- Capture and convert leads more efficiently
- Use pre-made templates to set up follow-up automation
- Connect payments with native WePay, Stripe, and PayPal integrations
- Consolidate your tools into one place. Stay organized
- Integrate with 2,500+ applications
- Manage all your contacts and clients in a single place
- Build campaigns and send emails with ease
- Easily automate weekly reminders
- Lead scoring helps salespeople know where to invest their time
- Integrates with 100s of email marketing tools, landing page builders, etc.
- The user interface seems outdated
- The shopping cart offers basic functionality than other CRM platforms
- The landing page builder is basic (compared to Zoho CRM)
Here’s the breakdown of the pricing and plans that Keap offers. This is based on 500 contacts — pricing will vary based on how many contacts you have:
- Lite ($40/month): This price is for your first 2 months and includes 1 user. Add additional users at $30/each.
- Pro ($85/month): The Pro plan is ideal for growing businesses. This pricing is for the first 2 months, 1 user, 500 contacts, and $30/each for additional users.
- Max ($100/month): Established businesses and their teams can use this package to grow. It includes all the features in Pro, plus sales funnels, lead scoring, recurring upsells, and more.
Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) is an all-in-one marketing software. It includes CRM, email, text messaging, landing pages, payments and so much more, with 24/7 support.
Best sales CRM for automation
Salesflare is a simple yet powerful CRM for small businesses selling B2B.
Unlike many other CRM systems, Salesflare follows the natural flow of sales pipelines.
This tool is easy to use and integrates with a wide range of third-party applications.
The dashboard enables you to manage your pipeline with ease, and the user interface is easy to understand.
And if you have a large database of leads, Salesflare allows you to automate and streamline the process of forwarding leads and customers.
- Work together as a team, stay organized
- Follow on new leads at the right time
- Integrate with your favorite tools and systems
- Find anyone’s email address in a matter of seconds
- Automatic logging of meetings and phone calls
- Track emails, links, and website visits
- Access to smart pipeline with automated and efficient follow-up sequences
- A quick and simple setup process
- Gain deep insights into customer relationship strengths
- Access useful analytics and reporting features
- Full integrations with a wide range of marketing platforms and apps
- You can’t send workflows of multiple emails in the Growth Plan
- It’s expensive compared to some CRM platforms
- No data migration in the Growth & Pro plans (despite the cost)
Salesflare comes with 3 plans with flexible pricing, take a look:
- Growth ($35/user/month or $29/user/month billed annually): Automate your CRM data input, send personalized email campaigns, 25 email finding credits, and more.
- Pro ($55/user/month or $49/user/month billed annually): All features on the Growth Plan, plus set user permissions, create custom dashboards, 500 email finding credits, and more.
- Enterprise ($99/user/month billed annually): Everything in the Pro plan, plus custom training, data migration done for you, dedicated account manager, and more.
Salesflare is an simple yet powerful and intelligent CRM & sales enablement platform, used by thousands of small and medium sized B2B businesses who sell more with less work. It sends automated email sequences, so you can reach out to your leads at scale in a personal way.
11. Pipeline CRM (formerly Pipeline Deals)
Best CRM software designed for salespeople
Pipeline CRM is an essential tool for sales teams. Using Pipeline CRM to manage your sales process makes it easy for your team to keep track of each lead.
Instead of trying to remember where you left off with a particular lead, they can easily pick up where you left off.
Your team can also use Pipeline CRM to remember where each lead is in the sales process.
Pipelines are basically workflows. As a company grows and its products and services grow, it needs to manage the various stages that lead to a closed deal.
- Track all your email messages, opens, clicks, and downloads
- Integrate with QuickBooks, email providers, sales software, etc.
- Create custom fields that will appear on every deal page
- Sales forecasting to help you maximize your efforts
- Automate sales commissions to reduce cost
- It’s easy to create and manage multiple sales pipelines
- Get access to unlimited file storage
- Create intuitive and custom dashboards
- Collaborate better and close deals faster
- Send targeted, personalized email campaigns
- It’s pricy compared to some CRM tools
- The reminder system could be more intuitive and easier to use
PipelineCRM has 3 plans, namely:
- START ($29/user/month or $25/user/month billed yearly): Smaller teams can get started with the basic features they need to manage leads effectively.
- DEVELOP ($39/user/month or $33/user/month billed yearly): When you’re ready to accelerate real growth, this is the perfect plan with hands-on customer relationship features and project management.
- GROW ($59/user/month or $49/user/month billed yearly): Access advanced analytics and email marketing solutions to grow every aspect of your business.
12. NetHunt CRM
Best easy-to-use CRM for Gmail
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool, which is used to manage leads, nurture customer interactions, and close more deals.
This software allows you to save critical communication history and transaction history.
This software is ideal for small and fast-growing businesses. If you’re looking to automate your marketing campaign, NetHunt CRM is a great option.
Its auto-form fill and one-click lead capture features allow you to easily convert leads into customers.
You can also move your data from another CRM to NetHunt CRM in a matter of minutes.
- Organize your business data effectively
- Grow your sales with NetHunt
- Automate sales routine
- Integrated with Gmail and LinkedIn
- Send emails, follow up, and close more deals
- Simple set up and ease of use
- Easily manage multiple sales pipelines
- It integrates with Gmail to streamline your emails to clients
- It’s affordable compared to other CRM software solutions
- Get your questions answered by a professional and responsive support team
- Import and Export customer data with ease
- It’s expensive (starting at $30/user/month) compared to Pipeline CRM
- You may encounter bugs occasionally. This can be improved
NetHunt CRM offers 3 pricing and plans to help you choose wisely:
- Basic ($30/user/month): NetHunt web app, contact management, leads management, and more.
- Business ($60/user/month): Everything in Basic plan, plus multiple pipelines, filters & views, tasks and reminders, etc.
- Advanced ($120/user/month): Everything in Business plan, and more. It’s ideal for teams that need to manage complex workflows with more automations.
- Early-stage startup: Get in touch with the sales team to apply for NetHunt CRM special startup plan.
Note: You can save 20% of the monthly cost when you pay annually on the first three plans.
13. Streak CRM for Gmail
Best CRM software for Gmail
Stream CRM for Gmail is an easy-to-use extension that will help you to connect with leads and manage your customer relationship processes better.
Streak is a process-based, workflow CRM system that uses columns and rows to store information about your contacts, applicants, customers, and other business contacts.
You can also set up stages or pipelines, which are steps in a business process. This helps you manage your customer database.
You can export your contacts into Excel spreadsheets for easy importation.
- Keep track of leads and close deals
- Track projects and tasks properly
- Prioritize and manage support tickets
- Maintain your business relationships and partners
- Easily track your business process — from sales to hiring to dealflow, etc.
- Keep your entire team in the look with Shared Pipelines
- Quickly send the same email to multiple recipients with automatic follow-ups
- Track emails and see when recipients have opened and read them
- Seamless integrations with G Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Chat, etc.).
- You may experience technical issues and bugs during Gmail integration
- Limited CRM features when compared to Zoho CRM or Pipedrive
Streak has a straightforward pricing structure. Here’s an overview:
- FREE ($0/user/month): This is perfect for individuals just getting started. It offers Basic CRM, Mail Merge, and Email tracking.
- SOLO ($19/user/month): Professionals looking for an all-purpose can benefit from Link tracking, email merge, and Basic CRM with more flexible privileges.
- PRO ($59/user/month): This is ideal for teams looking for a complete CRM solution. It comes with shared pipelines, advanced CRM, and everything in SOLO plan.
- ENTERPRISE ($159/user/month): When you need deep customization and data validation, this plan comes with priority support, custom permissions, and more.
Note: Pay yearly and save up to 20% of the total monthly cost.