Looking for the best ClickFunnels alternatives?
ClickFunnels has simplified the process of building high-converting funnels. A lot of people use this software already.
But there are some solid alternatives that you should know about.
One of the fundamentals of a successful online business is sales funnel. If you get it right, you’ll smile to the bank.
Otherwise, it’s like having a leaky bucket. You’ll likely lose a lot of sales from your advertising and content marketing efforts.
Even if you have never sold products and services online, ClickFunnels makes it easy. That’s a fact!
You might have one or many reasons why you want to see some ClickFunnels alternative tools. Maybe it’s the pricing structure, or perhaps you just want a platform that gives you more control over your campaigns.
Regardless of why you’re looking for an alternative tool, this guide will give you all of the best options that will meet your needs.
Just like ClickFunnels, all of the alternative platforms I share in this guide doesn’t require you to be a developer to use them. They’re mostly drag-and-drop with intuitive interfaces.
ClickFunnels Alternative Overview
ClickFunnels has come a long way. It’s grown to become very popular within the online marketing space.
For an all-in-one email marketing software, I love and use ConvertKit.
For an all-round marketing platform, Kartra and Groove.cm are both quite solid (although I wouldn’t personally use them in my business).
If you’re a WordPress user, you might want to check out Thrive Themes. I’ve personally used products from the Thrive suite a lot over the years.
For the updated design on navidm.com website I use Kadence theme (which has been an awesome experience so far and works perfectly with Gutenberg on WordPress).
The purpose of this review is to show you some of the opportunities and unique features that other tools provide.
What Does a Good ClickFunnels Alternative Need?
A good ClickFunnels alternative needs to be easy to use, robust, and well-rounded.
I have carefully selected the tools that make for a great ClickFunnels alternative. The reason is simple:
Any online marketing platform that doesn’t do what ClickFunnels can do shouldn’t be a competitor.
That’s why all the tools listed in this guide can be used to create forms, landing pages, funnels, sell products, etc., although how they do it will vary.
So let’s consider some of the core functionalities that a good ClickFunnels alternative should have:
1. A drag-and-drop editor: A competitive tool to ClickFunnels should allow users build landing pages and funnels using an intuitive drag-and-drop editing.
This is a key feature that must be present.
2. Hosting: Your pages and funnels need to be hosted on the platform. There’s no need to set up a different hosting account with BlueHost or WPX Hosting. So you can quickly set up your account.
If the platform can’t host your pages, then it doesn’t qualify as an alternative tool.
3. Email marketing automation: Building and email list is critical to your long-term online business success.
You also must communicate with them by sending emails. A good ClickFunnels alternative tool should either have a native email marketing system or makes it easy to integrate with your email marketing provider.
4. Affiliate management center: A reliable all-in-one marketing tool should have an affiliate management system.
This would enable sellers to set up their own affiliate programs, recruit affiliates to promote their products in order to earn commissions.
5. Forms: All of the online marketing software listed on this page allows you to create forms to embed on your website. This form helps you capture email leads so that you can follow-up with prospects and convert them into buyers.
Payment processing: A good all-in-one marketing tool should make it easy to accept payments on a secured server.
More so, sellers should be in control; they can set up automatic subscription payments or lifetime payment options.
6. Good support: Answering users’ questions is important. ClickFunnels has reliable customer support, so any tool that should compete with it must also have trusted support via email, online ticket system, phone support, live chat, discussion boards, knowledge base, etc.
7. Learning resources: ClickFunnels has a ton of training resources. Even in the Standard plan, you get access to rich resources to learn how to build funnels, build pages, etc.
What Is Great About ClickFunnels?
Why are most digital marketers and businesses talking about ClickFunnels? What’s the hype about?
Well, beyond the media buzz and noise, ClickFunnels is a powerful marketing tool with a great, supportive community behind it. And there are so many things to like about it.
- Create stunning pages using the Etison Editor (drag-and-drop feature)
- It’s a hosted Software-As-A-Service platform. You don’t need a third-party web hosting service to host your pages and funnels. Once you sign up with ClickFunnels, your assets will be hosted at no extra cost.
- It’s simple to use. Although there’s a ton of features and tools, everything is already built-in and connected. So it’s friendly for everyone — regardless of your skill.
- ClickFunnels gives you all of the tools you need to create, market, sell, and deliver products to customers online.
- It offers Smart shopping cart with 1-Click Upsells
- The Email and Facebook Marketing Automation is integrated.
- It allows you to create follow-up funnels so you can connect/reconnect with your customers using multi-dimensional marketing.
- Send targeted messages to your customers via SMS, email, social media, and desktop notifications.
- The Backpack feature allows you to run your own affiliate programs right within your funnels.
Why Are People Looking For a ClickFunnels Alternative?
Despite those awesome features and tools that ClickFunnels offers, some people still want an alternative tool, for reasons best known to them.
Also, no online marketing software is 100% perfect. ClickFunnels can’t be all good!
There are definitely some drawbacks to ClickFunnels that cause people to look to the competitors.
- A lot of online entrepreneurs and marketers prefer a simpler platform. ClickFunnels looks ‘complex’ considering all of the tasks you can accomplish with it.
- Some of the pre-built templates look spammy with BIG BOLD colors. Although this can be customized using the Etison Editor, it can turn some people off. Hence they’re looking for a better alternative.
- You don’t have control over the built-in tools. And it’s difficult to add functionality to it. This will be easier with Groove.cm, because developers can access the API to add additional features.
- As a hosted platform, there’s a degree of lock-in. It’s like renting your funnels and pages. They’re not yours. A self-hosted WordPress is better because your hosting on either BlueHost, Cloudways, or any other web hosting platform.
- In ClickFunnels Starter plan, you’ll have to integrate with a third-party solution like ConvertKit to send emails to your subscribers. But GrooveFunnels offers GrooveMail, which when fully released will be as powerful as ActiveCampaign, but a lot easier to use.
- It has a steep pricing structure. For example, to access all the functionalities, you’ll need to pay $297/month. If you’re on a tight budget and just getting started, the cost of ClickFunnels may not sit well with you. Learn more about ClickFunnels pricing.
What Are The Best ClickFunnels Alternatives You Need To Know?
In this section, we’ll summarize the 13 best ClickFunnels alternatives. They’re mostly all-in-one marketing tools to help grow your business.
|3||Thrive Suite||$9.99/Month||WordPress plugin|
Groove.cm is an all-in-one suite of marketing tools for online businesses.
It enables online marketers to build sales funnels & websites, sell products online, set up membership and affiliate programs, email customers, integrate with third-party tools, host videos, and do a lot more.
GrooveFunnels is the umbrella platform where all of the apps below can be found:
- GroovePages: for building landing pages and sales funnels
- GrooveSell: for selling online. You can also run your own affiliate program (via GrooveAffiliate)
- GrooveMail: for managing your email marketing (no need to integrate 3rd party tool)
- GrooveMember: for your membership site setup.
And other useful marketing software for selling digital and physical products on the web.
Key Features of GrooveFunnels
GrooveFunnels features a ton of apps with distinct functionalities. Here we’ll go through each of the apps and highlight their key features.
This functionality allows you to create stunning pages, full-blown websites, and funnels.
- Get GroovePages LITE for free (for life)
- Create high-converting pages and functional brand website with full navigation
- Design checkout options to increase sales.
- Sell unlimited Products with Unlimited Funnels
- Add 1-Click upsells to boost product sales
- Offer Upsells, Downsells, and Order Bumps
- Join one of the most powerful affiliate programs to earn 20 or 40% commission.
GrooveSell is useful for selling products online and setting up affiliate programs. It’s similar to Shopify, but mostly for digital products. GrooveKart is designed to sell physical products.
- It’s a free app (sign up for GrooveFunnels Base plan to get it)
- Easy shopping cart tools for online creators.
- A flexible affiliate management system (via GrooveAffiliate)
- Detailed reporting about product sales, 1-Click Upsells, and more.
This tool integrates with GrooveSell. With this tool, you can set up and manage affiliates, pay your affiliates, and engage with them.
- Set up an affiliate program (at no extra cost)
- Integrate GrooveAffiliate with GrooveSell to make your products available to affiliates
- Gain access to a robust affiliate management center
- Track how many affiliates signed up, conversion rates, etc.
This is the email marketing solution for GrooveFunnels’ customers.
- Import leads individually or via a .CSV file
- Create HTML emails and send to your customers
- Choose a pre-built email theme and customize or start from scratch
- Track your email performances: open rates, click-through rates, engagement rates, and more.
This GrooveFunnels’ tool is a powerful Membership Content Management System. Only give access to users when they sign up to your email list, buy your product, or take a specific action.
- Protect your course content.
- Encrypt your data from unauthorized users
- Set up subscriptions or one-time fees for your training courses.
This tool allows you to use videos as a marketing tool from within the GrooveFunnels dashboard.
- Optimize videos for lead gen.
- Share videos on social media
- Share videos with other GrooveFunnels’ user
- GrooveVideo is included in your GrooveFunnels upgraded plan.
This tool is useful for creating and hosting Live or Automated webinars for your business.
- Host your webinars at no extra cost
- Optimize your replays
- Track your webinar views
- Set up tags in GrooveMail, and quickly send personalized automated emails to subscribers
This allows you to publish blog posts from within your GroovePages dashboard. Or simply integrate with WordPress to publish directly to your blog.
- 1-Click WordPress integration
- Search-friendly posts
A next-level shopping cart for mostly physical products. It’s also great for dropshipping and all-round eCommerce business model.
- It’s included in the GrooveFunnels Platinum plan
- Use your own custom domains, add coupons and discounts.
- Drag and drop storeless page builder.
- It has basic and advanced tools for managing your eCommerce store
- It’s equipped with drop-shipping options
- Get the lowest transaction rates via GroovePay
- Accept payment via PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net
- Use Google Cloud platform to deliver faster loading times for your online store.
- Your online store is designed to be mobile responsive.
- Switch from Shopify to GrooveKart with few clicks on the button.
GroovePage is a merchant account solution for eCommerce businesses. This platform allows you to sell and accept credit cards and other forms of payments from your customers.
- Instant approval so that you can start selling right away.
- Phone support
- $0.25 fee per transaction (cheaper than Stripe)
- Easy integrations
- No application fees
- No annual fees
- A good payment alternative to Stripe and PayPal.
Where GrooveFunnels beats ClickFunnels
Price-wise. GrooveFunnels has a Base plan which is completely free.
This gives you access to GroovePages LITE, GrooveSell, and GrooveAffiliate. With this plan, you can start building pages and funnels.
Although ClickFunnels offers a 14-Day free trial. This is meant to get you started but you have to upgrade to $99/Month or $297/Month to continue using it.
Where ClickFunnels wins
When it’s completely rolled out, GrooveFunnels will be a true all-in-one marketing tool. Right now, though, ClickFunnels is still more powerful.
For one, building funnels is easier with ClickFunnels. It’s so intuitive that even a complete newbie can do it.
There’s also a huge library of templates to choose from. ClickFunnels has a better drag and drop feature to help you design and launch your page/funnel quickly.
Plans and Pricing
The table below highlights all of the GrooveFunnels pricing options and what you can expect in each plan.
|Base(for starters)||Silver (for startup businesses)||Gold (for professionals to scale their business)||Platinum(access all of the features and apps)|
|GroovePages LITE||GroovePages Pro||GroovePages Pro||GroovePages Pro|
|20% affiliate commission||GrooveMail||GrooveMail||GrooveMail|
|Send emails to cart abandons||GrooveBlog||GrooveBlog|
|Send emails to affiliates||GrooveDesk||GrooveDesk|
|Send emails to leads||GrooveCalendar||Every app in ‘Gold’|
|GrooveQuiz||GrooveWebinars (Live & Automated)|
|20% affiliate commissions||GroovePages for Shopify|
|40% affiliate commissions|
Kartra is an effective marketing platform; an all-in-one online marketing software that enables marketers to build sales funnels and market products online.
Andy Jenkins and Mike Filsaime founded Kartra in 2018 to help online businesses quickly create pages and start selling online.
These founders were also the pioneers behind successful online tools like WebinarJam and EverWebinar.
Kartra has thousands of customers who enjoy using it to build landing pages, manage online campaigns, design high-converting funnels, and engage with customers.
Kartra offers some of the best funnel templates, video hosting, easy integrations with third-party tools, email marketing, pre-built landing page templates, and a shopping cart to sell your product.
As a customer, you also get access to training resources directly from Frank Kern, one of the leading online influencers right now. Frank is well-known for his direct response advertising expertise.
If you consider how Russell Brunson is piloting the training aspect of ClickFunnels, that’s the same way Fram Kern is at the forefront of Kartra, to help users get the most of it.
Key Features of Kartra
- Create stunning pages and funnels
- Generate forms for your website or landing page
- Integrates with third-party tools
- Create membership sites
- Kartra Mail helps you create email and SMS campaigns
- Advanced lead tagging and lead scoring
- Sell unlimited products with multiple price points
- Pre-built checkout pages to choose from
- A huge library of forms, pages, and funnels templates
- Set up your own affiliate program and manage it from one dashboard
- Add timed calls to action to your videos
- Kartra Agency helps you run and manage client accounts from one single portal.
- Kartra Marketplace helps you to buy or sell expertise with the community.
Where Kartra beats ClickFunnels
For about the same price, Kartra allows you to add unlimited team members/users with their admin rights, while ClickFunnels only allows 3 users. With Kartra’s Starter plan, users can host 2 membership sites. You may need to upgrade to ClickFunnels Platinum plan to be able to do that.
Where ClickFunnels wins
ClickFunnels Marketplace is cleaner and more user friendly. You can find experts and sort by Certifications, Industries, Specialities, Locations, and Platforms. Kartra doesn’t give this much privilege. Also, ClickFunnels plan allows Unlimited Contacts, whereas the number of contacts you can manage is limited with Kartra.
Plans and Pricing
The table below breaks down the different Kartra pricing options and what’s included.
|Emails||Send 15,000 emails per month||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Thrive Themes is one of the best solutions for WordPress users. It’s equipped with conversion-focused themes, plugins, drag-and-drop website and landing page editor, contact forms, quiz maker, and more.
It doesn’t come with a native email marketing. However, you can integrate with third-party email providers like MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, and more to send email campaigns to your subscribers.
With your Thrive Themes membership, you gain access to all of these tools:
1). Thrive Architect: This is a powerful WYSIWYG page builder plugin for WordPress. It allows you to quickly build landing pages using a drag and drop page builder. It also comes with 200+ landing page templates to make your life easier.
2). Thrive Optimize: This WordPress plugin is great for running simple A/B split test campaigns. It integrates seamlessly with Thrive Architect.
3). Thrive Leads: This is a lead generation plugin for WordPress. It comes with handy features like popups, scroll mat, exit intent, behavior triggers, slide-ins, signup segue, A/B split testing, Thriveboxes, content upgrades, etc.
4). Thrive Ultimatum: Use this WordPress plugin to add scarcity elements to your campaigns, such as countdown timers, evergreen countdown funnels, fixed date campaigns, content lockdown, etc.
5). Thrive Quiz Builder: This plugin allows you to create quizzes from within your WordPress site to improve your lead generation campaigns. It’s also a way to gamify your marketing process.
6). Thrive Apprentice: Now you can easily build engaging self-hosted courses on WordPress.
7). Thrive Ovation: This is the ideal social proof and testimonial management application for WordPress users. It allows you to quickly create and manage testimonials.
Key Features of Thrive Themes/Thrive Architect
- Visually create stunning website with WordPress
- An intuitive drag-and-drop editor
- Gain access to all plugins and themes
- Build your email list quicker
- Create quizzes to boost your website engagement
- Add testimonials to your pages
- Easy-to-use A/B testing tools for landing pages
- Add evergreen countdown timers to pages
- Create and host online courses on WordPress
Where Thrive Themes beats ClickFunnels
When it comes to building pages, running split tests, and building websites on WordPress, you can’t even mention ClickFunnels.
Also, Thrive Themes is cheaper than ClickFunnels, as you pay for only the plugins and tools you need. You also get 300+ professional landing page templates that look great and not salesy.
Where ClickFunnels wins
For building funnels, ClickFunnels beats Thrive Themes hands down. ClickFunnels offers a 14-Day free trial. Thrive Themes doesn’t have it, although it does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Plans and Pricing
So what’s included in Thrive Themes pricing? The Table below summarizes it.
|Features||Thrive Membership||Agency Membership|
|Price||$19/Month (paid annually)||$49/Month (paid annually)|
|Themes||Use all the themes||Use all of the themes|
|Plugins||Use all the themes||Use all of the themes|
|No. of sites||25 sites (personal sites)||50 sites (personal & clients’ websites)|
GetResponse is an email marketing platform that allows you to:
- Create an autoresponder and capture data onto it.
- Create emails and send to subscribers to engage them.
- Automate every aspect of your email list via an autoresponder
- Track email performance, such as open rates, click-through rates, etc.
In recent years, though, Getresponse has expanded its range of products and tools. It’s now classified as an ‘all-in-one’ marketing solution for businesses.
Yes, GetResponse now provides webinar hosting, landing pages, automated sales funnels, eCommerce features, and you can create membership portals to secure your courses and assets.
Key Features of GetResponse
- Professional email templates to choose from
- Create landing pages with drag-and-drop feature
- Create marketing automation flows to boost sales
- Easy-to-use Webinar tools
- Organize and segment your email list
- Track email performance via automated reports and key metrics
- Create pixel-perfect emails with the Email creator
- Increase eCommerce sales with handy tools
- Design Popups to increase conversions
- Add Countdown timer to pages to boost sales
- One-click Facebook Pixel integration helps you run retargeting campaigns.
- Send abandoned cart emails
- A library of ready-made workflows for marketing automation.
- Create engaging webinars anytime, anywhere.
- Build conversion-focused sales funnels.
- Manage your paid ads campaigns.
Where GetResponse beats ClickFunnels
GetResponse is one of the leading native email marketing software. It has a high rate of email deliverability. ClickFunnels’ Starter plan doesn’t have native email marketing solutions — you’ll have to integrate with a third-party email provider to send emails to customers.
In terms of pricing, GetResponse’s Professional plan ($99/Month) is relatively cheaper than ClickFunnels Platinum ($297/Month), and you can build unlimited pages, unlimited sales funnels, set up paid webinars, although you can only host 300 attendees to your webinar.
Where ClickFunnels wins
ClickFunnels is more flexible for building funnels. The Etison Editor has some cool features like pre-built blocks to speed up your customization.
It has some advanced functionalities, with an intuitive drag-and-drop builder. You can’t run your own affiliate program with GetResponse, but it’s a lot easy to do with ClickFunnels Backpack.
Plans and Pricing
The table below breaks down the different GetResponse pricing and plans, as well as what’s included:
|Automation builder||5 workflows||5 workflows||Unlimited workflows||Unlimited workflows|
|IP address||Not included||Not included||Not included||Dedicated|
|Support||Live chat & email||Live chat & email||Live chat & email||Dedicated support|
|Lead scoring||Not included||YES||YES||YES|
ConvertKit is an email marketing platform for online creators. The founder Nathan Barry is a content creator and app developer himself.
With ConvertKit, you can generate web forms for your website, create landing pages, add content upgrades, and of course, send targeted emails to your subscribers.
This email marketing software is a cross between Infusionsoft (now Keap) and MailChimp. The difference is that ConvertKit is much easier to use and very affordable.
ConvertKit is relatively new. Competitors like GetResponse, AWeber, and ActiveCampaign had all gained market share before it was launched.
However, bloggers, freelancers, consultants, and other content creators love ConvertKit. Because it helps them achieve their goal of communicating with the right people while focusing on their craft.
Key Features of ConvertKit
- Send targeted email campaigns to customers
- Generate beautiful web forms for your site
- Design emails with the intuitive builder
- Integrates with 3rd party marketing tools + Zapier
- Create landing pages for your product/story
- Set up automation workflows to boost conversions
Where ConvertKit beats ClickFunnels
Overall, Convertkit is better for running email marketing campaigns. It’s designed to help capture, follow-up, and nurture relationships with your customers.
It’s also great for email automations with advanced triggers. ClickFunnels Platinum plan does email marketing as well, but it’s easier with Convertkit.
Where ClickFunnels wins
In terms of selling products online and running your own affiliate programs, ClickFunnels beats ConvertKit.
Although ConvertKit can help you sell products, it’s not as sophisticated as the tools and features that ClickFunnels offers.
And you can’t set up an affiliate management center with ConvertKit.
Plans and Pricing
To better understand ConvertKit pricing and plans, let’s use a Table to show what’s included in each plan.
|Price||$0 (forever)||Based on list size|
|List size||1,000||1,000 subscribers ($29/Month)|
3,000 subscribers ($49/Month)
5,000 subscribers ($79/Month)
8,000 subscribers ($99/Month)
10,000 subscribers ($199/Month)
15,000 subscribers ($149/Month)
20,000 subscribers ($179/Month)
|Landing pages||30 landing page templates||Unlimited|
|Visual Automation Funnels||No||Included|
|Migration from other tools||Not included||Free migrations included|
Leadpages is a popular landing page builder and small and mid-size businesses. It offers tools and features to help you turn clicks into customers.
Leadpages can be used to build landing pages, pop-ups and alert bars very quickly. There’s no need to waste time with your first landing page.
Simply choose from a library of conversion-optimized and mobile-responsive templates, then customize it using the drag-and-drop builder.
Key Features of Leadpages
- Generate web forms to capture email leads
- Easy drag and drop interface for customization
- Device-specific preview
- A/B split testing and Analytics
- Video player
- Custom form fields
- Digitized Asset Delivery
- Create sub accounts for other users
- Integrates with major online marketing tools
- Create lead capture Pop Ups.
Where Leadpages beats ClickFunnels
Leadpages offer better templates and themes. These are modern themes that can be used by professionals who don’t want to engage in pushy sales tactics.
ClickFunnels’ templates are good, but some of them look old and somewhat spammy. Leadpages is also more affordable.
Where ClickFunnels wins
ClickFunnels is arguably the best funnel builder. ‘Leadpages’ doesn’t even come close. The Backpack feature that ClickFunnels offers simplifies affiliate marketing for online businesses and marketers.
They can easily set up, recruit, and manage their own affiliate programs. Leadpages is limited in this regard.
Plans and Pricing
You can see the pricing table below to better understand how much Leadpages cost and what’s included.
|Sites||1 Site||3 Sites||50 Sites|
|Hosting||Free hosting||Free hosting||Free hosting|
|Traffic & Leads||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Support||Email support||Chat and Email||Priority Phone support|
|Integrations||40+ Standard Integrations||40+ Standard Integrations||40+ Standard Integrations|
|Opt-in Text Campaigns||NO||10+ Included||10+ Included|
|Sub accounts||Not Included||Not Included||5 sub accounts|
|Online Sales & Payments||Not Included||Not Included||YES|
|Email trigger links||NO||YES||YES|
|Quick start call||Not Included||Not Included||1-on-1 Quick Start Call.|